Thursday, March 4, 2010

Table Topic Thursday

Okay, today's question seems to be apt considering what is going on with my life and the entire shamblesness of it. I really wish I would take the time to think of some writing points and get better organized but it feels too much like a paper then. Like I'm being graded by my response. Whatever, I think the point of table topics is to just fucking give the answer. Not the most well-thought out or articulate answer. Just the answer that comes to mind immediately. With that being said, today's question is:

what one goal do you hope to accomplish this year?


Hmmmm.... My goal for this year is simple. I'd like to be paid for my writing. Unfortunately, I would have to actually take the time and effort to get off my ass and do what needs to be done and I've yet to get the balls to do it. For the new year, I said I would be doing more writing and I have been doing that. But I think my fear of what happens next has held me back from taking the steps to actually do it. And my lack of self-discipline has not helped the matter any. One minute I'm working on blogs, the next I have three novels going at once and then I'm thinking wouldn't it be fun to have a screenplay. The sheer ridiculousness of my life ought to be immortalized in a 30 minute sitcom somewhere. But who would write it? I supposed I would be the obvious choice but I have no idea how I would get started on that. I guess if I really wanted to accomplish the goal I would actually do the damn thing. But I haven't and I'm not sure I even will.


I'm thinking maybe I burned out in high school. All those extracurriculars and AP classes ruined me. By college, I was done. I was drinking and barely getting things done. And then life happened and I was like WTF happened? But I haven't a clue how to get back to the person I was in college. The person who would have had a novel written by now and have started on a screenplay. The person who would be living a fabulous life of not working 9-5 and whose creativity hadn't gone out like a flame extinguished by an unseen wind.


Fuck, answering this question turned out to be depressing. Your turn? What's one goal you would like to accomplish this year?


No comments: