Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Musings

  • They should have separate highways for people who have no fucking clue how to drive. I know they have the basic mechanics down (though I see little evidence of it) enough to have garnered a license from someone but they have no practical skills to speak of. Apparently, and age is not the issue, no matter how much or little time they have spent behind the wheel they still have no clue how to navigate rush hour traffic. Or a clue that anyone else might NEED to be somewhere and not out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive on Monday morning at 7:15 am. It’s called rush hour as in people are in a fucking RUSH to be somewhere.
  • Eating oatmeal makes me feel like a small child and I have no idea why. Did anyone else used to put a drop or two of milk in theirs?
  • My iPod died. I feel like I just lost a friend. And like when driving I might murder someone between idiots on the road and fucking commercials on the radio.
  • It is amazing how guilt kicks in when you are older. In college, I did not give two shits who I offended with my stupid ass behavior. Now, I’m sneaking out of houses before anyone wakes up in hopes that no one will remember what a drunk, slutty mess I was the night before. Shame on me.
  • I got the newest Dave Matthews Band cd for Christmas. Due to the iPod dying, I listened to it for the first time yesterday when I was driving home from Athens and I really, really like it. Download these songs: Baby Blue, You & Me, and Shake Me Like A Monkey. Click on the song titles to go to youtube and watch live performances.
  • I’m dehydrated so water would be the obvious beverage to solve this. However, I have no interest in water right now. So I’m drinking Diet Coke. Which will just further dehydrate me. Whatever.
  • I need to get back to the To Do List way of life. It really keeps me on track. And I actually get shit done. Which is kind of a big deal when trying to pull your life out of the puddle of stagnant water in the ditch of your life.
  • I hate that when I delete something from gmail it doesn’t delete from my blackberry. So annoying to have to delete it twice.
  • I went to a punk rock concert with my friend Krista this weekend in Athens. It was held at a place I had never been called Caledonia Lounge which had PBR for $2 so I was happy to be there. The band we went to see was called Burns Like Fire and they brought the 80s in their attire. It was awesome. I recommend giving them a listen. I was disappointed the songs I liked were not on the CD I bought. Bummer.
  • I’m thinking maybe I am not meant to work in an corporate environment. This does not bode well for paying off my debts.
  • I wonder where my federal tax refund is? I filed that shit a month ago…
  • My health insurance costs too much. Time to look into an individual plan…
  • I’m staying off twitter today. I have no reason for doing so. I just realized it’s 10:27 am and I haven’t tweeted since 4:50 this morning when I said Must. Get. Out. Of. Bed and then promptly went back to sleep until 6:41am.
  • It annoys me when I log in and no one has commented on my blog. Makes me feel like no one read it. Then I get a text, email or tweet about it and I’m all like “WTF?” If you comment on the blog then I can generate conversation. Instead, you send it to me personally and no one else gets to enjoy my response. Think before you fail to comment.
  • Blogging from my blackberry looks to be a pain in the ass. Which means you people are missing some gems in terms of posts because I compose posts during the day in my head in order to get through my day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering where you were on Twitter today. Worst idea ever. You missed so much. But I know secrets I am not allowed to shared. You better start catching up on what you meant. ...or are you pulling a Ward and detaching. Yes, I just used Ward as an adjective. Thanks for listening.

Berryfine said...

WTF does "I know secrets I am not allowed to share" mean?

Just for that, I'm staying off Twitter again today!