Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday Wig Out

Why are some people so unable to read blatant social cues? There are just certain facial expressions and tones of voices that scream:

LEAVE.

ME.

THE.

FUCK.

ALONE.

If I'm giving you one word answers, stop asking questions. More than likely, your questions are stupid and there is no need to be asking them in the first place. When you ask an open-ended question and I give you a yes or no answer...there's your sign asshole.

When the words please advise appear in an email or written memo, that generally means I don't know what the fuck I am doing and my innate professionalism has driven me to come to you for guidance. Therefore, you respond with a how-to guide or a quick explanation. You don't ignore me and just complete the task yourself. You don't say "I got it" because then when it comes up again we will just repeat the cycle. And I hate repeating ridiculous cycles (unless it involves booze).

If I am looking just over your shoulder or barely laughing then I don't want to be talking to you. I know, it's crazy to imagine someone doesn't want to speak to you or even listen to the oh so fascinating words coming out of your mouth but it does, in fact, happen once in a blue moon. So end the damn conversation and walk away. This way I don't have to offend you.

I know there are other ones out there (like when I ignore your texts asking me out, I don't want to go out dude. Not difficult) but these three occurred today so I felt a need to vent about them. Tell me about missed social cues that drive you crazy!

No comments: