Sunday, March 7, 2010

Team Challenge Traning

So, yesterday was my first training session for the Summer 2010 season of Team Challenge. We did a footwear and apparel clinic (which I've sat through once already so I kind of tuned out) and then went out for a two mile rule. It was awesome to see some familiar faces from the last time I ran with Team Challenge and to meet the new mentors and coaches as well as participants.

I had a great run- clocking in at 16 minutes which was an 8 minute mile pace. It is definitely the fastest I have run since high school. One of the mentors ran with me so I was just trying to maintain pace with her. It was TOUGH but felt great. Only one guy finished up the training run before us so that was awesome and for the most part I was able to maintain a conversation with the mentor while we were running. The last 1/2 mile felt GRUELING but I just kept pushing it.

If you haven't read about my Team Challenge effort you can do so here and you can help by donating to a great cause. I hope to keep you updated on how training is going. First up, this week's schedule. Let's see how closely I stick to this!

Monday: Easy 20 minutes
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: Easy 20 minutes or crosstraining
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: 3 miles
Sunday: Active Recovery

I can tell you right now, I am already running more than this but I am going to try to stick to the schedule, aside from Sunday when I have a race with Barbie.

No comments: