Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Musings

Okay, so I need to get more serious on this whole BLOGGING thing. I mean I pay attention to two other blogs I write but this one is sorely lacking. Therefore, over the next week, I will be unveiling an actual format for this blog. We will start with today, a regular feature to be added to the blog- Monday Musings. Much like Random Thoughts On A (insert day here), Monday Musings will be whatever pops into my head or that I find on the internet that entertains me. However, now it will occur on the reg (your welcome Barbie). So, I bring you...Random Thoughts on a Monday aka Monday Musings:
  • If you have to come to a complete stop so that someone in the other lane can get over, then you probably don't need to be letting them over. The point is for them to speed up or slow down according to traffic and then get over when they spot an opening. If everyone followed this rule, I believe we could shave 5 minutes off the morning commute. Something to think about. Also, it is not rude for me to yell at you or give you the finger when I finally get around your malingering ass. You stopped traffic, buddy, not me.
  • Common courtesy, much like chivalry, appears to be dead. For example, this morning I walked past a woman in the hallway. I said, "Hello, how are you?" she responded with "Hi, I'm good." Well, that's nice. I didn't fucking ask you because I cared- I asked because it's common courtesy. And if I have to ask you, then you damn sure should be asking me. It's polite. Jeez.
  • I'm contemplating a relocation. I hate Atlanta. There, I said it to the internet world. It's out there and I can't take it back. My uncle made a great pitch for Raleigh but I'm open to other cities as well so leave a pitch in the comment section and I'll take it under consideration.
  • Hahahahaha, my boss just realized they have not been taking medical or dental out of my paycheck. Nothing she can do now that she closed out 2009. Ironically, for the two months I had free dental and health insurance I was not going to the doctor. So the joke is really on me, not just them.
  • I just ordered a Blackberry Tour from Verizon Wireless. And I am stalking it through fedex. Literally, stalking it. How the fuck did it leave Memphis Tennessee last night at 6:44pm and it's not arrived at a GA fedex location yet? This is bullshit.
  • Sometimes I say things via text that I probably should not say. Often times I am hammered when I do this. And I offend people. Or end friendships. In these instances, I have found that the best thing to do is to pretend you did not say it and then wait for them to approach you weeks later. They will say something asinine, you will say something asinine and the Earth will continue to revolve around the sun.
  • My feet seem to get cold a lot recently. I have no idea if this means something but whatever. They are cold and I don't know what to do about it.
  • Sign up for Groupon.com and get gift certificates cheap. Also halfoffdepot.com. Don't say I never gave you anything.
  • If I don't get a sweet tax return VEGAS IS GOING TO SUCK. No really, that return is going straight into my Vegas envelope ala Bradley Coopers character in The Hangover. God, I wish I was a teacher with a field trip so I could collect money from the students.
  • It is really obnoxious that my boss gets my emails.Sometimes they come to her first and then she asks me about them and I have no idea what the fuck she is talking about. It's creepy.
  • I shouldn't laugh when my boss makes a mistake. After telling me it would be between us that she messed up my benefits, the minute I went upstairs to drop off mail she told her boss. Now I owe them $268 because she made a mistake. How bout we split it since you made the mistake?
  • On behalf of my friend JLove I would like to bring a charity to your attention. If you are looking to divert some funds or build up some good karma, head over to http://www.thon.org/ and donate now. They work tirelessly to conquer childhood cancer and the group is student run which is pretty cool even if you aren't a student. Even Khloe Kardashian is out there promoting it. The money specifically heads to the Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State Children's Hospital.
  • Sometimes you need to read about someone else's life spiraling out of control to realize yours is as well. I'm not admitting to anything but this book I'm currently reading has me thinking a lot about things that I thought were funny but can take a dangerous turn. I'm lucky I'm still here if this book is any indication. So I recommend to all of you From Binge to Blackout by Chris and Toren Volkmann. It's a mother-son combo that had to go through alcoholism together and is just a GREAT read. I think one should be given to ever Freshman in high school and their parents. Perhaps, summer reading? You can learn more by going to their website.
  • I am currently wearing a Victoria's Secret Pink sleep shirt to the office. It is comfy and a pretty purple color and I don't care who knows it! Also, my company just blocked their website. Damnit, there went shopping for Valentine's Day.
  • My boyfriend is back! Check out his latest hilarious video. Yes, I am kind of getting to the point of creepy now.
  • Why do people talk on their cellphones in the bathroom? If you are looking for privacy to make your call the restroom is not the place. Privacy to take a shit? Public restroom is also not the place but at least you are doing what the restroom is meant for. Take your personal phone calls elsewhere please. Otherwise, I'm flushing the toilet a hundred times until you get the point.
  • Rihanna has a song called "Breaking Dishes". Ironically, in it she says something about Fighting a Man (Imma fight a man, a man, a man...). So let me get this straight, Chris Brown beat the fuck out of her and stories come out that she probably was hitting him as well. Chris Brown looks like the dick and she looks like a victim? After hearing this song, I'm wondering if they were mutually violent toward each other. Don't get me wrong, Chris Brown is a dick and should be in trouble for violence toward anyone. But let's stop the Rihanna train for a minute and find out if she really deserves this halo we're giving her. She shouldn't be hitting him anymore than he should be hitting her. And now that the song played on my iPod, I'm wondering if she has some violent tendencies of her own... I'm going to get so much shit for writing this.
  • Actor Rip Torn was arrested over the weekend. FOR ROBBING A FUCKING BANK. Okay, not entirely true. Actually, he just broke in with a loaded gun. But the funniest part is he was drunk and didn't even realize it was a bank. WTF?
  • Apparently, you can only have so many tags for a blog. BUSCH LEAGUE, BLOGGER. I have hit the limit.
  • Please see how hott Mr. Hamm looked on Saturday Night. SO HOT. Like the cover of a trashy romance novel.
  • I'm sorry, I lied on that one. Not so hot. Damn you Sergio.
  • If you don't watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia then you should start now. No joke. Nothing like a group of people who are so selfish they think they are helping the world when serving their own purposes. For example.

4 comments:

L. DaCosta said...

Fire trucks on your blog? U mus b on fya!

Berryfine said...

Or in need of emergency help. Either way.

Unknown said...

where to start. relocation - WASHINGTON DC. do it this summer. you have an instant friend. yours truely and a great dog, mulligan! :o) ....second. yes, blogger does not allow you to have enough "tags" it is gay, with a capital G. ...third, everyday i wanted to knock some girl out in the monarch tower bathroom for chit chating on her phone. she would give me the evil eye everytime i went to USE THE BATHROOM... heaven forbid, i guess i missed that the bathroom looked like a big red londonlike phone booth. fourth... read "smashed: growing up a drunk girl" - i read it in college, i thought she was telling my life story. it was a wake up call for 3.4 seconds.

lastly, i love that this is back. thank you. it is about time.

okay. i am done. just call me erin's guest blogger.

Berryfine said...

Barbie, I am writing down that book and putting it on my book wish list.