Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Musings

  • Today I began a week of running EVERY DAY. It’s a daunting task for someone who runs only three days a week but it’s for a good cause as I’m raising money for CCFA. This guy Ward has offered to pay per mile the two of us run. You can read about that here.
  • I ate half of a large thin crust chicken and jalapeno pizza on Friday. Fact is, I could have eaten the whole thing. I don’t know if I should be impressed or repulsed by this fact.
  • I am not the smartest person in the world but I have common sense. My boss on the other hand does not. It is extremely frustrating.
  • I think I’m turning boring. This is a disappointment.
  • Rain rain go away, never come back except late at night. Be gone by the time I’m ready for work. And please God bring some patio weather behind you so I can hang out and drink margaritas with my friends!
  • I really need to make decisions about my life STAT. I would like to look for a new job but what is the point if I decide to move in August when my lease is up?
  • Why did my sister get all the talent in my family? What was God’s plan there? I mean supposedly the Big Guy is real nice and loves us all. If so, why make some people more awesomer than others? Kind of dick if you ask me.

  • Also, I went to the gym this morning at 5 am. Place is empty except for maybe 15-20 people. Riddle me this, with 100+ cardio machines in the building why was I virtually surrounded by 2 old men, 3 hispanic guys and a black dude while running on the treadmill? I am not the hottest piece of ass to come through those doors so don’t give me that crap. And because of this, hot guy Mike was forced to work out on the other side of the gym where he could get a machine in front of ESPN. And not to toot my own horn, but there are mirrors so I could clearly see that these men were not watching ESPN Sports Center with me.
  • I really wish I could speak in accents. I just don’t have the ear for it. But how cool would it be to change it up when you are bored. I firmly believe that’s why Britney speaks the way she does. Britney is American and has her shit together, Brit is British and has a couple of screws loose. How nice it would be to be able to just change your accent to alert those around you that they shouldn’t fuck with you today.
  • It’s a holiday today. Hey President’s nice work. Would have been cool if you had done better work because I firmly believe had you done so, I’d have this day off just like the banks do. Remedy that immediately, Obama. Por Favor (oooh look, I speak Spanish sometimes!)
  • Don’t feel sorry for me though- I get to go work from home at noon. Which means sweatpants. And a snuggie. And sunshine through my window. And possibly a movie. Whoo!



  • GI Jane. I should watch it once a week. In order to continue to motivate myself, I want Demi’s body. How do I make that happen?



  • Probably not by eating Parmesan Crusted chicken salad from Macaroni Grill. Considering what I could have ordered though, I think I’m doing well.


  • I'm watching The Notebook because nothing says THANK GOD I'M SINGLE like star crossed lovers. Who wants to struggle that hard. Also, this movie makes me not want to grow old AT ALL. Poor woman.

  • Dear Aunt Flo, please arrive already. While I hate that you insist upon coming on a monthly basis, the least you could do is arrive when you say you will. I hate wondering when you will show up. And don't tell me it's my fault for not being on birthcontrol because really you need to take that up with Mother Nature who decided it would be cool to not allow me to use it. I would talk to her myself but it seems like I would just be the middle man in a problem you two need to solve.
  • I fucked up my hours somehow so now an already ridiculously busy week has just become unbearable as I try to play catch up.

  • I love Hummus. Seriously. If you do as well, then go out and buy Sabra Supremely Spicy. I live for it.

  • Am I hungry or am I just bored right now?

  • Do you make your bed every day? I feel like I should just so the room looks cleaner but what the fuck is the point if I'm just going to get back in it. Plus it's a struggle to get out the door at 5 am anyway!Maybe if I had nice bedding. Something to think about, I suppose.



  • So I was stalking and creeping on facebook and just discovered the best friend of my ex died. Part of me wants to message him and part of me thinks that is just stupid. What a horrid thing- since I just went through this, I feel terrible for him. I might never want to see him again but I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone



  • And now that we've cleared the depressing portion of the Musings...
  • Why does rain look so much better in movies than in real life? It's all romantical and shit. Makes you want to make out in it. Never happens in real life. And honestly, it's just gross. Hollywood should really fix that.

  • Left over pizza or buffalo chicken tenders? Both in my opinion, but hello? That won't help my cause.
  • Rachel McAdams is a lucky bitch in The Notebook. Both jackasses want to be with her even though she can't make up her mind. I wish I had that- just for like a week so I could boost my self esteem somewhat.

  • Working from home leaves me absolutely nothing to talk about. I suppose I will be done with this now but if something occurs to me, I shall update you. Doubtful though.
  • Best line from a movie...ever: " I know this is like totally wrong but don't you ever wonder if she made the whole thing up? I mean you have to admit it's a good one. It's not like anyone could use Virgin Birth as an excuse again." ~ Mary, "Saved!"
  • I really hate when DVDs don't have a play all. How fucking obnoxious.
  • 5 days until Eric Church at Wild Bills. Words cannot convey my excitement. Seriously, I know by reading this you must think okay she wants to go, but words cannot convey how serious I am about Eric Church. Barbie might be able to make you understand but I cannot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

•I really need to make decisions about my life STAT. I would like to look for a new job but what is the point if I decide to move in August when my lease is up?

----MOVE TO DC----

Berryfine said...

You are ridiculous.