Monday, February 22, 2010

For Your Entertainment...

No I'm not talking about Glambert on this post, rather my own ire this morning upon arriving at my gym to find no one there. I could have been nicer about this but so could he. And it was 5 am and pouring down rain. So that took the anger up a notch. Below are the emails we exchanged:
(and fuck blogger for not allowing me to copy and paste this today. Jesus, everything sucks.)

To Sean (Lawrenceville Gym Manager)

Please explain to me why I waited 45 minutes to get in the gym and still no one has arrived? There were about 20 of us waiting and I finally had to leave to get ready for work. At this point, any workout would be a complete waste of time. I'm not sure what your process of opening is but not a single trainer or desk person was there to let us in. It is completely ridiculous that I had to wait that long. On top of all that, I could not call and leave a complaint due to your phone number not having a mailbox set up and I tried using the website to log a complaint and it wouldn't allow me to send it. Suffice to say, I'm not very happy with Gold's Gym right now.

Email from Sean (almost 4 hours later)

Erin,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. The person set to open the club had some issues this morning and I did not find out about it until 5:15 am. This situation has been taken care of. For future reference, there is a number posted on the door for situations such as this and I was called by someone about the club this morning. I had myself and two others on the way this morning to open the club for you folks.

Once again, I apologize and this should NEVER happen again.

Sean

Okay, before I post my response Mr. General Manager you weren't on your way as I called at 7:45 am and asked to speak with a manager and was told one would not be arriving until 9 am by a lovely young woman named Jessica. So, don't bullshit me. I'm not an idiot. So, of course, now I am irrationally angry and decide another email is in order. To which he has yet to respond.

Sean,

Thanks for the quick response. Two things: for the future you may want to consider having two people open on Mondays no matter what. While it may not be cost effective, the level of customer service that demonstrates ensures that won't happen again. Second, I called the number on your website and without a mailbox number it tells you to try again and disconnects. The website might have the incorrect number in which case it needs to be updated. Also, perhaps you noticed at 5 am it was pouring so getting out of my car to find a number posted on your building was not really high on my priority list. I'm not trying to be bitchy but your gym is more expensive than other gyms I looked into and I still joined. I expect to be completely satisfied and to be able to work out when I want. Especially as I work two jobs to be able to afford the luxury of your gym and now have to rearrange my busy schedule to come in tonight. I hope that you continue to take customer feedback seriously and improve upon the gym.

Thanks,
Erin

No comments: