Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ward v Erin Wrap Up

Sorry I have not updated this lately, running has been GRUELING. I have compiled a list of things I learned this week through my running with Ward to raise funds for CCFA.
  1. I CAN RUN FOR 7 DAYS STRAIGHT. And I enjoyed it! I have never even run two days in a row- I've always been fearful of shin splints and ankle pain and knee pain and any other kind of pain you can think of.
  2. I CAN PUSH THROUGH IT. There were days that I had no desire at all to run. Days that my body wanted to rebel. But my mind persevered and drove me to get out there and hit the pavement. Or the treadmill. Either way.
  3. PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND. Pain lets you know when to stop. It lets you know when you are pushing yourself too hard, not enough or just right. Most importantly, pain lets you know you're alive and kicking.
  4. I'VE STILL GOT THAT COMPETITIVE SPIRIT. And trash talking just gets me amped up.
  5. MY DAILYMILE PEEPS ARE THE SHIT. So much support and encouragement comes from these people. And we've never met! Yet when I'm up they are cheering me on. When I'm down, they are cheering me on. And they help keep me on track. Reporting to them keeps me honest and some days its the only thing that can get me out there to run.
  6. MY CROSS TRAINING IS MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE. I've always heard this is the case but I've never seen the results myself. The weeks leading up to the challenge to raise cash for CCFA I was running maybe three days a week for about 30 minutes. This week I was up at 5 am running for an hour on the treadmill. And I was kicking ass at it.
  7. I LOVE THE WAY I FEEL WHEN I'M DONE. Good or bad run there is always a sense of accomplishment. My body feels used in a good way. And I have more focus during the course of the day. I will definitely be kicking up my running a notch after this!

So now, the results... My total mileage for the week was 40.53 miles. Ward turned in an excellent performance on Saturday to drive his total mileage up to 54.85 miles! Both of us ran our most mileage in a week and I loved every minute of it. Total mileage for the two of us combined: 95.38. Bringing our cash money total to $219.37 for Team Challenge and CCFA. It is an incredible feeling to know I was a part of something and it was really cool to spend my days calculating and plotting and getting excited to run. HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Ward who came up with this idea via dailymile and kept me going through the week.

No comments: