Monday, February 15, 2010

Day One Ward v. Erin

I know it's not really versus but I am looking at this like a challenge. The outdoor mileage guy Ward versus treadmill 30 minute girl Erin. I'd say we came out about even with Ward pulling out a slight edge for being an all around bad ass. For example, this tweet came from Ward in response to my mentioning that I was getting up at 5 am for a run:


runner_23 @fromfat2fit2010 wimp, 4:30 for me
Make sure you add him and start harassing him. He is pretty entertaining and earns bonus points for being a Yankees fan (speaking of which Ward, the website has a contest to go to Spring Training. I got all excited- until I realized you have to live within 75 miles of Yankee stadium. Busch league.)Anyway, he's the victor for today because homeboy made good on his promise and was up early in the morning running IN THE RAIN. Excuse me? F that, my friend. I know I have said this a hundred times but get your ass on dailymile if you are a runner. Trust me, you will love it. Plus, who doesn't love making internet friends. There is nothing creepy or pathetic about that anymore. In fact, making real life friends is far creepier nowadays. Ward got his butt in gear this morning and ran 6.76 miles. Again, in the rain. And in 54 minutes which is something I could only dream about. In comparison, I ran 5.55 miles in an hour. Whatever, I ran for a solid hour on the treadmill so that's a moral victory.
Total Mileage: 12.31
$$$$(cause that's what I'm all about!): 28.31

1 comment:

selina_leigh said...

Followed this link from your current post, so I know I'm a little late. But whatever. I am closer to the 30 minute run mark and I am so impressed with you for running an hour. Does that make me sound out of shape? Whatever, I'm fine with that.

Anyways, who KNOWS how long you're running now (I could dig a little deeper and find out, I bet, but that'd only make me feel worse ha) but I am super impressed. And maybe a little bit jealous.