Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Healthy Snack Review: Z Bar


Okay, so even though they look like poop you scooped up off the sidewalk I love clif bars. I just don't love all the extra shit in them. If I was working out 2-3 hours a day, maybe but I'm not. Same goes for Powerade(but not gatorade which was developed at the University of Florida- bleh). Instead of helping me, they are just adding more unnecessary shit to my diet which is translating into poundage. In other words if someone tells you they stay skinny eating three clif bars a day, smack them across the face.

So, while I was wandering Target, as I often do when bored on a Saturday much to the detriment of my wallet, I spied clif bars for kids and thought well these might be good for me. A little less ooomph if you will. Plus they are half the price- I think a box of 6 cost like $2.98 versus a box of 6 Cliff bars for $5 and some change. So I bought the box. And today seemed like a perfect day to try them out since I'm in the office all day.


"In raising our family, we always wish to find organic to nourish our kids as they compete in sports, study or just play with friends. We prefer to make them food from scratch, but life gets busy, so it's not always possible. That's why we create Clif Kid Organic ZBar- a baked energy snack made with whole oats, plus 12 essential vitamins and minerals- so kids can keep going, growing and exploring."

-Kit & Gary, parents and Co-owners of Clif Bar & Company

They taste like cardboard. I would think if you are expecting kids to eat this shit you make it taste less like shit and more like junk food but I guess if you are doing home made organic meals from the get go then these kids have never tasted the joy of a fattening brownie or a salty chip. In other words, this probably tastes better to them than the kashi shit their parents force feed them. I will probably still buy them- just maybe drink some milk with them...


Nutritional content:
130 calories
3.5 g of fat
23 g of carbs
3 g of Protein

No comments: