Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Days 2 & 3- Ward vs. Erin

Alright, we have reached hump day and My.Body.Is.Screaming.At.Me. I don't even have the energy to flirt with the hot guy. When he attempt conversation I just nod weakly. Thank god for Sports Center or I'd never have made it through the past three days! That and the mantra "It's all about the money." Sorry Ward, you won't be drinking this week!

Yesterday, I was determined to get 6 miles in 60 minutes and I succeeded with 6.08 miles! Of course, Ward went further. I say this as though there was a doubt. He runs way more often than I do since I typically run about 9 miles in a week. Ward ran 7.04 miles yesterday outdoors IN SHORTS because he is awesome like that. And also, stupid like that. Sorry Ward, just speaking the truth.I like to be in my little bubble with Sports Center and hot gym guy. Sorry, that's what motivates me! Especially when I wake up and the temperature reads 26 degrees. F that people. I must scare him because Ward was tweeting to my friend Barbie about getting me drunk that night at dinner. I laughed and countered that no matter how hung over I was I would be running 6 miles. In fact, in college I would often go running hung over or still drunk and speed up the recovery process. I'm not saying it works for everyone but it does for me. Especially if I can puke in some unsuspecting neighbors' bushes.

Today, my body hated me. It took more than usual to get out of bed but I did it. I dragged myself to the gym and hopped on the treadmill for 6.35 miles of hell. I cannot say anything good about this run except it's over. Ward on the other hand ditched his shorts and tacked another 7.06 miles. Apparently, my bitching over my pain on Twitter stirred a compassionate string in Ward's heart as he offered to give me a day of rest tomorrow. No way, Jose. I did agree to only run 4 miles because I've got to get to Sunday and at the rate I'm going I won't be able to sit by Friday!

Total Mileage through Wednesday: 38.84
$$$$: 89.33

1 comment:

Berryfine said...

Disclaimer: I haven't taken Math since high school and just did that on a receipt so if it's wrong...whoops. I will be more accurate come week end.