Thursday, September 9, 2010

Troublesome Thursday

Today is not going well for a number of reasons all of which involve my job. This is like a Wednesday Wigout but on Thursday and y'all know how I love my alliterations.

The important reason is this:

I work for an hourly wage of $13.50 for a company. Sometimes, they give me overtime but for the most part they don't. However, they will allow me to work extra hours as a contract employee for $12/hr. Would I like overtime? Hell yes. Can I afford to turn down work for $12/hr? Hell no. So I did it. For a total of 629 hours.

Well, they sold the company and we merge in a few months. In the meantime, they cease to allow me to do the extra work. Then approach me last week to tell me that they actually OWE me money for the work I have done.

One would ASSUME that in order for them to owe me money, they must have been doing something illegal. In order to cover their butts, they would need to pay me the difference in what they should have paid me and what they actually paid me. Which was 8. Which puts the total amount owed around $5000.

Then, suddenly, I'm being told they will pay me half time plus a dollar.

NOW, as of today, I SOMEHOW OWE THEM MONEY FOR WORK I DID.

Riddle me how this is even remotely possible? Someone explain it to me because I'm not getting it.

No comments: