Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Date

As you loyal readers know, The Commercial Banker and I made a bet after a week of shit talking and I lost. So Monday arrived and we decided on some take out and Monday night football. Unfortunately, after an epic Saturday both of us were exhausted and the idea of beer to go with our football was not one we considered.

I think we should have.

It was AWKWARD.

How on earth could we have had so much fun years ago and via text and then have absolutely ZERO chemistry on the date? Everything about it felt forced which bummed me out because considering it was my first date since I was in high school and a virgin, I was pretty excited about it. And I thought a low-key night in would be a good option because it wouldn't feel so pressured.

Boy, was I wrong.

He was friendly and cute enough. But I can't figure if some of his expectations of how I was looking these days were not met or if we were both just exhausted. Sitting on a comfy couch did nothing but make me want to sleep (when normally I'd be contemplating having sex on said couch).

First, can I just say, he has a very cute little house and a dog. The dog actually climbed up on the couch at one point and was sniffing my hair and cuddling with me (which is more than I can say for The Commercial Banker). He did walk out to the car when I pulled up so clearly he'd been watching for me. He looked cute- glasses, plaid button down with the sleeves rolled up, khaki shorts and sneakers (not running or workout shoes, sneakers that he clearly wore a good bit and were like adidas old school shoes or something). Clearly my choice of khaki colored tank top and jeans with platforms was a good one (Judging by his "Hey, look at you. you look great" when I got out of the car). He was super excited about my choice in Meat Lovers pizza and salad (and offered to let me take the leftovers home). So that's the start....

So we sat down and watched True Blood first during which we ended up talking about everything under the sun. We ate our pizza and salad (he had never had a salad from there and approved of my choice) and drank waters. Then we started watching football during which he joked we should make another bet which of course led to sex talk. There was a lot of silence during the tv watching but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. We were both really, ridiculously tired and acknowledged it. We tried to look up Youtube videos from Jon Lajoie but his internet was acting up so I emailed him two of them this morning that I thought he would like.

Umm, homeboy owns Twilight, New Moon and 500 days of summer. So cute. And watches Vampire Diaries. He seemed really impressed with all the things I am interested in which was good but I think it being Monday night (he says he's normally in bed by like 9 on Mondays) and us both being tired kind of sucked. At the end of the football game (a bet I would have lost ps) he walked me out to my car and gave me a hug (but not before he showed me his bedroom? to which I said so this is where the magic happens and he kind of laughed and was like not really). He told me to drive safe and mentioned more than once the next time we hang out so I don't know what that means. He did ask me if I had big plans for the weekend and I said not yet but then he didn't ask if I wanted to hang out so...

No comments: