Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Dreams Could Come True...

When I was a wee young lass, I had dreams of being a professional athlete. This was probably due to the fact that my father decided to bestow upon me the title of "favorite son" after my brother demonstrated a propensity for falling flat on his face any time he attempted to put one foot in front of the other (resulting in 4 "dead" front teeth in case you were wondering). From that point on, Daddy and I spent Sundays watching football where I would pick teams from the comfiest spot in the house- his lap- while eating potato chips and drinking soda (in Jersey everything is not COKE). This was often followed by WWF (I had stretch Hulk) and in the offseason NASCAR. On my 10th birthday, I got my first Starter Jacket which I wore ALL. THE. TIME.

Until I was 13 I figured I would be the first female to play in the NFL. And not as a kicker. QB sure. RB why not? WR DEFINITELY.

And then suddenly, in 8th grade the guys in my class GREW. And I mean GREW. From when I was ten until present day I have been 5'6" and up until that point I was the second tallest person in my grade (the first being Kurt. Clearly my crush since he was the only one taller than me). My fantasies of scoring a TD for the Giants were crushed.

But now, part of my dream can come alive thanks to Miller Lite. How's that you ask? They are offering a chance to be a falcon for a day. And all you have to do is text them. Follow the link for the directions on who to text what.

And if you win, take me with you!

No comments: