Monday, September 6, 2010

MY Virtual 5K for Boobies Race Report!

So I ran my Virtual 5 K Friday morning at 5 am. I wore my bright pink shorts and light pink tank top (you know, because pink is the color of breast cancer awareness). The weather was BEAUTIFUL. Nice and cool out, light breeze which was helpful during the first part but the second part it was pushing back at me. I chose an easy out and back route from my apt to the mall which had some small, small, small inclines. Things about this run:

  • Ihop was hopping- people latenighting in the parking lot at 5 am while I was out running. Clearly Thursday night had some parties that were raging! They all looked at me like I had 10 heads. If I were that drunk and saw some homegirl huffing up and down Peachtree I'd be thinking she was crazy too.
  • Ran through an unexpected puddle. Okay, expected because it was in front of the church which had sprinklers going. Unexpected because it was DEEP. So my right leg was covered in water for most of the run. The shoe squeaking might have been more annoying than the moisture.
  • Had an old man on a bench yell out hey gorgeous not once but twice. And the guy stank to high heaven. You could smell him a block before you saw him. On my way back, I thought he had left the bench but then I smelled him and realized I had gotten excited before I'd reached the bench he was on.
  • Time was 29:40. Not my best time but considering I haven't raced since the first week of August, I thought it went pretty well!
  • While on the run, I decided since we had so few contestants I was going to change everything up. So if you donated, be sure to send me your address (even if you didn't run) so I can get each of you a little sumpin sumpin. If you did run, don't forget to email your race reports to fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com!

6 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

awesome time!

Kovas said...

So important to have the fans cheer you on. Sorry I missed this, been crazy busy the last several weeks.

Fruit Fly said...

Nice speedy time! Glad the funky stench didn't hinder you at all - if anything it probably would help scoot you along even faster!
~RR

Tricia said...

great job

Raegun said...

Fantastic - you are an inspiration! I'm new to running, so I'm looking forward to learning from you. ;)

Adam said...

Yesssssssss. What is it about ATL and iHop (and waffle house). There are more of those things there than anywhere else I know.

I wish old men on benches would cat call me. :(