Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sidelined by a sinus infection

Soooo...I meant to run Monday. Really I did. I woke up in the morning and heard the rain and decided 5 am might not go well with rain. One or the other is fine, but both? I'm not in training yo. Then by the time I got home from work, I had a sinus infection that was not only in my left nostril but had migrated to my left eye as well. And it was pouring with thunder and lightning. Soooo running was out of the question. I worked my arms and abs while watching tv and took some medication and passed out.

Woke up this morning with both eyes watering and my right nostril stuffed up. The idea of running made me want to cry. I decided sleep might be a better choice for me and am hoping that this afternoon I will feel a little better and want to run.

Feel sorry for me yet? I wish I looked this cute while sick.



Good news- Yesterday I was weighing in at a hefty (for me, using negative words like that is going to keep me from eating shit today) 162.4. Slowly creeping back up to 175. Today, I weigh in at 160.4. Might have something to do with my food choices yesterday but also the weight work I did.


So tell me what you do when you're feeling sickly but need/want to run? Do you give it a shot? Do you walk? Do you take a rest day?

6 comments:

Kovas said...

Depends on where the sickness is. Unless it's a really bad headache, I try to go if it's neck or above. Stomach issues on a case by case basis. Sometime sit's good just to head out and make a decision after 3 or 4 blocks.

Tricia said...

blah..this time of year. I've been dealing with a cold for a week. I just sucked it up and did my long run (thank goodness for sudafed).But it really depends on how you feel, you're the best just.

Berryfine said...

Its times like this that I miss the gym. Then I would just make sure I brought some baby wipes with me and a magazine/book and sit on the bike so that I felt like I had done SOMETHING. And could clean up after myself just in case what I have has nothing to do with allergies/sinuses and everything to do with being sick!

Adam said...

I'll admit it. I am a TOTAL wuss. I totally take rest days 100% off when I am sick. Blah

Fruit Fly said...

I procrastinate. I can't help it. But I usually start to feel guilty for not running, and for the procrastination, so then it never fails that I'm out running at 9:30pm.
I really need to break that habit!
~RR

Her Name Is Rio said...

Generallly, if I feel it from the neck down, I don't run. I had the WORST tummy/heartburn issues yesterday- so I didn't run.
Then again, earlier this year I went out for a run, just to turn back home again at mile 1 after I threw up.