Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heads Up

Posting is going to be light in the next week and a half and here's why:
  1. I'm looking for a new job while working 40 hours PLUS overtime AND contract at the job I currently hold.
  2. I have three stories due to Blush Magazine and I haven't had a chance to start them yet.
  3. I'm tapering for the Boston 13.1 this weekend.
  4. I fly to Boston on Friday, run my race on Sunday and then hop in a car and drive to New Jersey on Sunday or Monday depending on my dad's plans.
  5. My grandmother is battling lung cancer. She had been doing really well but two weeks ago dementia set in. She is now grinding up her pills and stuffing them into the couch. Also, she gets up to go to work at 5 am when she hasn't worked in over a decade. My mom has asked me to fly home to see her because she doesn't think my grandmother has much longer. So I am taking the lap top and going there to see her and work.
  6. I'm hunting for an apartment. I have to be out of mine by August 8th. One bedrooms are hard to find. At least in my price range.
  7. My apartment is a fucking mess. I hesitated to drop that f bomb but quite honestly, I think I had trouble sleeping last night because my apartment is such a mess that I thought there'd be roaches and all manner of disgusting creepy crawlies coming out to get me while I slept. I know. I'm fucking weird.

Anyway, just stumbled across this giveaway and I want them so here you go- enter to win some sweet Ryder sunglasses. When one of you wins and I don't, you can thank me on your blog. Or mine. Either way.

I'm also fairly certain my giveaway ends sometime this week so you should probably check that out if you haven't done so already. Something like a One More Mile gift certificate is up for grabs if you enter by June 24th. Scroll back to the post titled I Won! I Won! I Won! becuase I'm too lazy to link it.

And, what's a race report without a camera? I can't fathom how you people run and take photos but if you are one of them awesome people, enter here to win a Canon Powershot :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy smokes you've got a lot going on! I'm really sorry about your grandmother. I went through that with my grandfather two years ago - it's so hard. Sending you hugs and support and hoping you rock it on Sunday!!

beth said...

you have a lot on your plate. good luck in your half and sorry to hear about your grandma. I work with older adults and it can be really hard.

Berryfine said...

You guys were quick! Thanks for the positive vibes :) At this point, I just want to see her and make her as comfortable as possible while I can so hopefully that happens!

Adam said...

Wow, just reading all of that made me tired. Good luck trying to balance everything. At least you get to run this weekend! Light at the end of the tunnel.