Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I AM the Other Woman...

And I don't feel bad about it AT ALL.

I know, all of you will hate me now. You think I'm a hussy, a skank, a whore and whatever other clever names you can come up with. But the sad truth is, the woman didn't even factor into my mind when I was doing it. It wasn't until later that I even thought to myself, "Holy shit, he just cheated on his girlfriend with me!"

Even now, I don't really feel bad about it. Like Berryfine, I think as I've gotten older I've started thinking in terms of cheating with a married man versus cheating on a girlfriend. As she puts it, when you cheat with a married man you ruin multiple lives, careers, reputations and so much more. The magnitude of it seems that much bigger. Maybe I'm thinking like a guy in that unless there's a ring on it, you ain't committed. Though I suppose that doesn't stop some people. Maybe if I had a gym crush, I wouldn't let a little thing like a missing ring stop me.

I've always wondered what makes a girl participate in a sexual relationship with a man she knows is off the market. I started doing a little research online about this and came up with the following: BECAUSE WE CAN. Because we need validation, sex, the idea of the forbidden. Because he's attractive and we don't want to look back later and wonder how it could have been. Apparently, I'm not the only one wondering about the grey areas of cheating either, if answerbag is any indication.

You're probably wondering how it all came about. Well, I guess I can thank liquor for lowering my inhibitions. And apparently blocking out all sense of right and wrong and allowing my id to take over. I wanted him and I could tell he wanted me as the night went on. I didn't make the first move, I've reasoned with myself. He kissed me and then we were going at it. I can't help it if he throws himself and some of the best sex I've ever had at me right off the bat. How was I to say no?

The worst part about it is that even though I KNOW in my head I should feel bad about this, I actually don't. In fact, I've been talking to him regularly since then- flirty texts, emails and phone calls. Though I know this can't go anywhere it's fun and I figure I deserve some fun in my life. I don't expect him to cheat on her again with me. Nor do I expect him to leave her for me.

2 comments:

AshleyRae said...

hahahaha - is all I have to say about that!

Berryfine said...

Judging by the emails I have gotten about this, I need to reiterate who posted it. Sorry, I didn't make it more clear in the post but this was NOT Berryfine. It was an anonymous submission emailed to me that I posted. Hence the anonymous contributor added to the site.