Friday, June 4, 2010

Could Not Have Said It Better

Hello New Followers! I think I will notice every time I add even one follower to my stable :) I don't care if I have 1000 and I get 1001, I will notice! Anyway, for you newbies, I have a guy at the gym who really motivates me and he does so just by being so freaking hot. I haul my ass out of bed every morning when the alarm goes off at 4:40 am just so I can hit the gym and watch him work out. Oh Lord...whew!

Why is this a could not have said it better moment? Well, after working out and showering, we were both up at the smoothie bar having our protein shakes made and Travis, the guy who makes them for us, asked me if I was ready for today. What is today, you ask? Well, I have a job interview! My first in THREE years and to be honest, I've always gotten my job through knowing someone so I'm not really sure how well I interview. Suffice to say I'm pretty nervous about it and when I said as much these fine words of wisdom came from my gym crush:

"What's there to be nervous about? All you can do is be you. If they like you, they like you. If they don't, well, they don't deserve to have you at their company."

What a great way to look at it! It's hard to remember something like this when the economy sucks THIS BAD but I have a job right now. Do I love it? No. Can I afford to be a bit picky about where I work? Yes. So, I just need to hope it's the right fit for both of us.

So then we were talking about the company and such and it turns out my Gym Crush is one of their vendors! He's pretty familiar with the company. So Travis jokes and says I have a reference in him. And the following is Gym Crush's response:

"Yeah, I see her at the gym every morning at 5 am and she does work. Any girl willing to get up at 5 am with no incentive and work out is someone you want to hire. That is dedication."

Well.... not NO incentive ;)


***In other news, I want to throw together a virtual race. What are your thoughts? Any tips or advice?

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome. I hope your interview goes well today!

Ris said...

Hope you rock your interview today!

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Ummm...KEEP UP THE SMALL TALK WITH HIM! He's saying profound things very early in the AM! Gym crushes are fun. Wish I had one with more potential than eye candy. Hope your interview went well!

selina_leigh said...

How'd it go?

Virtual run - no tips or advice since you just told me what it was last week, but I'll participate!

Adam said...

So? So? How did it go?