Thursday, June 17, 2010

Atlanta radio loves diet pills...

I know I do not make a debut on this blog as often as I should and when I do I vent or talk about something that irks me and well... here is another one. Atlanta radio and their promotion of a diet pill called Healthee Trim. For God's sake, Healthy isn't even spelled right.

But lets talk about this real fast. I have boycotted The Bert Show. Not because of their love for the diet pills but because they are obnoxiously annoying. And after 2 weeks of not hearing them and getting to try out other stations I have found that they all have 1 thing in common. Healthy Trim. They all promote it and praise it and talk about how they have lost 35 lbs on it and that they recommend it to all their friends and their wives are on it ... blah blah blah. What ever happened to promoting an active lifestyle and eating well. Yes, working out and changing your diet is a hard change and the results come at a slower pace, but don't you want to take care of your body. Sure, you can weigh 114 lbs but if you eat McDonalds every stinking day YOU ARE NOT HEALTHY! Why are we letting the world and the younger generations continue to be lazy and unhealthy?

Why not tell people to eat from the outside of the grocery store? Recommend taking a bike ride with their child? Walk the dog for 30 minutes rather than just put the dog out back to play and roam on their own. Tell the people to get off their ass and get active. Don't recommend a pill that says "eat what you want and drop the pounds".

And they say it is healthy? Well, it isn't healthy to drop that much weight that quickly. And I am pretty sure other diet pills claimed to be "healthy" and "better than the others for you" when they first came out but it takes months sometimes year to see the real effects. So do we have to wait till people start talking about peeing neon yellow and liver problems and kidney failure before the FDA steps in?! I mean Hydroxycut advertised that it was healthy for you and it has been recalled. The whole idea of taking a cure all pill just is dumb. Cardio & working out is what builds and strengthens your heart and makes you both look younger and live longer ... a pill cannot and will not do that.

I just think the whole thing is utterly disgusting and I am tired of hearing everyone rant & rave about how great it is and how you should get on it if you want to be high school skinny. I so badly want to send a mass email to ALL the radio stations to ask WHY they want to promote the product so so so much. I know it is advertising dollars, but we live in a lazy world of video games and diet pills, why do we want to pass that onto our children?! What happened to playing outside all day long and having to be dragged inside by our parents?!

...But for now, I will get off my soap box.

No comments: