Monday, June 14, 2010

The Coolest Thing Ever

Okay, maybe some of you won't feel like it's the coolest thing ever but I thought it was pretty damn amazing. This past weekend a group of us got a cabin at a lake resort so we could crash there while attending a wedding. Last minute we had two late additions whom I had never met. As I'm sure you probably have guessed, I think new people are AWESOME (time out and thanks to my newest followers- holy shit we're at 44!). ANYWAY...

The couple comes into our cabin after we had been drinking for a bit and before I can do more than introduce myself, girlfriend is telling me SHE READS MY BLOG. Tell me that isn't the coolest thing EVER. Apparently, she told her boyfriend she didn't want me to feel like she was stalking me since she knows a bit about me through the blog but I wasn't creeped out. I was so damn excited. I wanted to call random people and be like I JUST MET A READER OF MY BLOG. SOMEONE I'M NOT FRIENDS WITH (though that has quickly changed- Kristin I plan on hanging out with you a lot now! Sorry Carolyn). The cool part was Kristin told me her sister was jealous of her because she got to meet me. I felt like such a freaking rock star. Carolyn was nice enough to share her protein powder concotion and website with me a while back and Kristin discovered me through that.

Bonus round: Kristin told me she thought I would be FAT when she met me. Yes, the title of the blog is from fat to fab. Yes, I am OVERWEIGHT (my BMI is so close to being average though I cannot stand it. And I hate when people say but you're not fat. Well kiddykins, that's not what I'm saying- healthwise I am considered fat so don't tell me otherwise). But Kristin made my night by telling me not only was a fitter than she thought from reading the blog, but that she even read my blog! So Kristin, thanks for that :)

Guess I need to work a bit on the ole self-esteem. Or just post more pictures. Either way.

2 comments:

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

Love meeting new folks from blogging, and it's interesting to see what they think of me from how I post!

Adam said...

NICE! that is awesome. I've met people through my blog, but it was always planned. too funny!