Monday, June 21, 2010

A SURPRISE from BARBIE RUNS!!!

If you aren't following my fellow runner/former coworker Barbie, do so NOW. I'll wait while you click her name and follow :) Anyway, Barbie and I have run a few races together but mainly we've been encouraging each other through dailymile (which admittedly I've been bad about logging into recently!) and blogging about our races. So, last night Barbie and I met up for some Mexican (helloooo cheese dip and margaritas!) to catch up and exchange surprises. Her surprise for me was WAYYYYYY better than mine for her so I thought I would share it with you via photos because I don't include enough photos on my blog.
First, we have her very well put together gift basket. Check out those wrapping skills!

Next up we have the nicest little note that was tied to the basket. Talk about making me feel like a rockstar!
Check out the goods- everything out of the basket and all together!
We all know how important hydration is so Barbie thoughtfully included a coffee mug that says Gotta Run and a running bottle that reads Sweat Once a Day.With workout comes SWEATING so Barbie picked up my new favorite sports bra in a super fun color! And a words to sweat by towel that reads there will be no jiggle in my wiggle.

The essentials for softness- lotion for the nasty runners feet I strive so hard to prevent and EOS chapstick which I haven't yet tried! I am a chapstick junkie so this is very exciting for me :)Barbie has had nothing but fantastic things to say about KT Tape (coincidentally my rockstar swimmer sister uses it as well!). I have been having lower leg issues so Barbie was nice enough to include some in my favorite colors- RED AND BLACK (GO DAWGS!).

Last but not least, the running essentials. Some people need the water and the race and all manner of other things to run a half marathon. I need Sports Beans and good tunes. So Barbie made me an AWESOME mix CD of her go to running tunes and with the exception of Mileybird I dig it. I'm sorry Barbie but I am not on the Mileybird train nor do I have Beiber fever! Also, a cute one more mile sticker!

8 comments:

Heather said...

What a great friend! I love that sports top! "Kick some Boston ass" :-)

Tricia said...

so cool!

Michelle said...

What a great gift! Good luck this weekend!! I wish I could cheer you on in person - I don't live far from the race site, but I'm running my first 5K the same day. I'll be cheering you in spirit!!

Adam said...

NICE. Where do I sign up for friends like that?

...Barbie... said...

Erin! I am so glad you like/liked it! :o) Have fun in Boston!! :o)

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Oh man if I ever got something so great on my BIRTHDAY I'd pinch myself. Barbie should try selling those gift basket arrangements with a markup. I bet she could make a killing.

Courtney said...

Dear Barbie,

Will you make me a basket too? Thanks.

Love, Courtney

Berryfine said...

And Barbie's new business is born!