Friday, June 11, 2010

The Ex Files...Part 3

Sorry to have been so MIA lately. I've been kind of stressed about this wedding I have to go to this weekend. Add in that in two and half weeks I run a half marathon in Boston (and apparently my family is coming to watch), sunday my life was literally in shambles, I'm trying to move, find a new job and work enough overtime to actually have a life and well...blogging as not been at the forefront of my mind. Plus, I keep starting these posts only to stall out and decide their crap and I'm not going to write them. (I bet you are all wondering about Sunday...bahahaha).

Anyway, I want to have a Friday Freakout because well, I have this wedding to go to and there are a couple of issues with it. The most obvious one being referenced in the title of the blog but we'll work our way to that one.

  1. I am staying in a cabin I cannot afford. The hotel rooms for one night were $100+ so when a friend offered to book a group of us a cabin we all jumped on it. For the weekend it is $90 bucks. A steal, you're thinking. Until you factor in that will have to feed myself while I'm there. And apparently, we're going the epic night before party route so I've got to booze myself before as well. Bank account denies me these options.
  2. While we are discussing the cabin, WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!?!?! Oh I don't know. Because the guy who organized this whole thing simply sends us a link to the resort it is in. No directions on where to go when we are in the resort. Do i have to check in? Do I proceed with or without caution? What is the cabin number? These are some things I'd like to know before driving BY MYSELF up there.
  3. How about attire? This is a 7 pm wedding. Outdoors. Obviously, a nice dress is required. Especially when you meet the girl getting married who is so put together all the time it makes me feel frumpy even on my best day. So I had a dress I felt confident about but then no shoes. I finally find a pair of shoes that KILL with it...they cost fucking $80 (down from $200 people) at DSW!
  4. The whopper of the whole thing, Ex will be at said wedding with new fiance. How the hell do I act around these two? Do I continue with my stellar avoidance techniques that are so obvious they make them both uncomfortable? Do I have just, like the BEST time EVER, and laugh to myself that he is witnessing all of my shenanigans? Or, do I behave like a mature fucking adult, walk my happy ass over there in my cute dress and fuck me heels and say hello to the two of them...maybe inquire politely about their own impending nuptials and wish them well in their future together? Not one of these sounds like something I want to do. Can't they just fall into a black hole for the weekend? I don't want to wish ill on anyone but for serious, could something bad enough to keep them from attending occur? On the other hand, that stupid bitchy, girly part of me wants to judge them from the perch of my perfect 4 inch pumps. Damnit I hate weddings.

1 comment:

selina_leigh said...

Hope you aren't behaving too badly right now... And by that all I mean is I hope you aren't too hung over tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the details!