Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I need a hat...

It occurred to me while I was on my run this morning that I desperately need a hat. The burn in my ears that fades to complete numbness only to return to burn upon entering the warmth of my apartment is not something I will miss. It needs to be remedied immediately except for one tiny hiccup in said remedy.

I haven't a CLUE what kind of headgear to purchase. Generally hats make my head itch. Add sweat into the mix and I spend a majority of the run scratching. But a hat is necessary as the rumor I've been hearing since I ran track in high school is that much of our warmth escapes through our heads and hands. Gee...I cannot for the life of me imagine why. Oh wait, I'm covered everywhere else.

So I'm looking to you bloggy world. I need suggestions- include why you like the headgear, cost and where I can get it. Leave it in the comments section. Mainly because I need some validation that someone besides Fruitfly and Barbie and Kristin are reading the blog.

Also, I am assuming none of you read unless it is blogs since not a single person has entered to win the book Real Fitness Real Nutrition. First off, for shame. Reading books is very important. Second, is it too complicated because I'm making you EMAIL me instead of commenting? Okay then, you may leave comments on why you should win the book below along with your suggestions for head coverings. One person will win the book for the most creative, funny or bring the readers to tears comment. Another person will win a yet to be announced prize for the winning suggestion of which headgear I should purchase.

In effect, I am BRIBING you to put comments on my blog so I feel your love. Tis the season so hop on it.

6 comments:

Ron said...

Yes we are reading. I recently purchased a hat at a race expo from Saucony. I believe they have hats on the website. It is moisture wicking and warm without being too hot. I LOVE IT.

MsBoyd said...

I'd recommend fleecy headbands. Those can keep your ears warm with out causing The Itch.

Berryfine said...

The Itch? Rachel you make it sound like a sexually transmitted disease!

Fruit Fly said...

(The word verification I just had to enter was "Scared".... Should I be scared? What is it trying to tell me??)

Fruit Fly said...

OMG I feel so famous! I just got mentioned. Woohoo!!

I would love to give advice on headgear - wait, that's like when people have braces - but yeah, I don't have any because I am in the same situation! I think I'd prefer a headband because then maybe there would be less sweating and less itching. Right now I just use a thing one that I got at an expo. It isn't exactly the warmest. I want Santa to leave me something fleece-like and cute and warm. By the time I get one it will be spring and it won't matter anyway. Then I'll whine about sweating too much!

Kristin Ballard said...

I feel famous, too! Thanks for the shout out, and yes, I'm still reading. A little late on this post but here I am! As far as headwear goes-- I cannot wear hats because my head is too big and they never fit properly over my ponytail. I'd suggest one of the fleece headband/ear warmer things you can buy at Dick's in the running section. They are NOT itchy since they don't cover your entire head/hair, they stay in place during your run and they let your ponytail bounce freely in the wind :)