Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Special K Challenge

I QUIT.

Generally, I'd be disappointed in myself but can we be honest here? Your challenge BLOWS.

  1. Who the hell wants to eat cereal twice a day? Especially cereal that is kind of bland and boring? I did it for a week and I wanted to blow my brains out.
  2. Oh sure you offer alternatives like protein bars and shakes but as someone who had a personal trainer and nutritionist, they have too many carbs and not enough protein. Plus at 4-5 a box of 6 I have to buy THREE boxes to get 14 days of one meal. Highway robbery? Possibly.
  3. Eating cereal for two meals and fruits and veggies for two snacks means I am FUCKING STARVING by dinner time. Then I make stupid choices like Tin Lizzys for what I'm sure was 15,000 calories of cheese dip and skillets of chicken, rice, veggies, salsa and more cheese dip.
  4. I know you figure no one drinks while taking your challenge but as a challenger I figure it's my duty to my bloggy readers to throw everything I've got at your challenge. I was beyond fucked up after 2 drinks. Granted I hadn't hit the third meal yet but clearly I was not full enough as I generally can drink grown-ass men under the table.
  5. Dinner. You're suggestion to eat dinner as one normally would cannot be what you actually meant. If it is, then you are fucking stupid. Isn't eating as I normally do what got me into a situation in which I decided your challenge would help? Your definition of dinner is too broad and allows for too much flexibility. It's quite easy to make up all those calories you saved me at dinner. Especially when (and I know I said this already) you are FUCKING STARVING.
For these reasons, I quit your stupid challenge. A woman with my large, lily white ass cannot survive on your two bowls of cereal a day. There are too many other good foods out there.

XOXO,
Berryfine

PS. Sadly this means my pals will miss out on my own sexy special K photo. I'm not laying the blame completely on you as I couldn't maintain discipline for 2 weeks but I will say you didn't factor in the average person when developing this challenge. Back to the drawing board!

4 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Looks like I won't bother trying that one!

Tricia said...

ha!

One Crazy Penguin said...

Hear hear! That's what I've always figured about this "challenge" but it's nice to hear it confirmed.

Fruit Fly said...

Well, I'm actually a little relieved at this turn of events. I mean if you had loved it and found fabulous results I was genuinely going to give it a try.
Phew - I'm off the hook, and now you can get back to eating some sort of food with flavor!