Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Seen on BBM

"Will you visit me in Pitt?"

Seems innocent enough, right?

Except for that whole, a guy sent this to a girl he has been "talking" to for ohhhhh like a month thing. Hey crazy, take that train straight up to Pitt one way.

No, this did not come to me but I've been thinking about it since I saw it on a friend's BBM. I just cannot get over the fact that some guy sent this to a girl. And before you get all "He is such a sweet, nice guy. This is what we mean by nice guys never get the girl. You girls are such bitches" bullshit think about the fact that there is a definite difference between NICE and straight up stage 5 clinger which this is looking to be. Also, forget the fact that he wouldn't be moving to Pitt tomorrow as he doesn't even have a clue if when his company is bought as it supposedly should be that he would be relocated.

In my humble, misguided opinion this would be a totally different ballgame had they been dating for a few months. Or even if they were just friends. But they are currently residing in that limbo whatever period. They talk all the time, they've gone on one date that she wasn't even aware was a date until she was on it and realized not only had he made a reservation but he intended to pay....she's even drunkenly tried to have sex with him only to be shot down because he doesn't want her to be drunk the first time they have intercourse. NO DTR DISCUSSION HAS OCCURRED.

I know I sound like a bitch but dude grow a pair of balls. I'm not asking him to stop opening doors or complimenting her for not only her looks but also her charm, sense of humor and intelligence. Instead, I'm asking him to make a move in a direction. To wait and see if that will even happen and then discuss it. Even if the comment was intended as a joke, the delivery method was poor. He just looks like a whiny bitch in my book.

Of course, I'd love to hear the argument that opposes mine. Or the bitch-ass moments you've witnessed. Leave them in the comments!

1 comment:

City Girl said...

I was just talking to a friend earlier about a guy going to stage five clingy after only a few weeks. I feel like females get accused of wanting too much too soon, but a lot of guys are the ones who jump the gun.

I agree with you 100%. Premature and not the right mode of communication.