Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Came Early

A big Merry Fake Christmas from me to you!

My family and I celebrated "fake" Christmas yesterday (though with real presents and a real tree) because my mom, step-dad and little sister are heading north to New Jersey for the holiday. My brother and I will be left behind to attempt to make our own holiday tradition. Lest you feel sorry for me, my family is heading north to have a last Christmas with my grandmother (a repeat of last Christmas as everyone was convinced this was it). It's going to be tense and awkward and fraught with gossiping family that does nothing but fight in an effort to pretend they aren't devastated about my grandmother. So, really, when you put it in that perspective, my brother and I are the winners here. And just so you don't thin
k I really am a hugely crass asshole (which I am but not for this reason), I have already flown up there three times this year to spend time with my grandmother.

Now that you all are very saddened by the turn of events....let me reveal my Christmas present. Not my favorite one. My....third favorite one:

I got a Garmin! Whooo!

You are probably wondering why this is not my favorite gift? Well my mom had a blanket made out of a bunch of UGA shirts (some were mine from college and others belonged to various members of my family who will now have to buy new shirts for next football season). My second favorite was a UGA watch my brother bought me. I know, I might have a problem.

2 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

I had a few of those "last Christmases" in my family, too! I hope this isn't really the last. :(

Congratulations on your new romantic partner ... and by that I mean your Garmin. You will be in love in no time at all!

Courtney said...

Sweet Christmas present! :)