Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WIG OUT WEDNESDAY-Smoke Detectors


This video does not even do my pain justice.
But it does convey what I would like to do to the fucking smoke alarm in the parking bay below my apartment.

I moved into a new apartment in August.

Three weeks in, the fire alarm (smoke detector, what the fuck ever) below my apartment starts chirping. I figure since the maintenance man is in the complex every day, he'd hear it and fix it. BIG MISTAKE. The weekend rolls around two days later and the thing is still chirping. The intervals between each chirp getting smaller and smaller. On Monday, I call the maintenance number and report it. The woman doesn't seem to understand and keeps insisting they need to get into my apartment. Ummm no, no you do not. Because it is in the PARKING BAY. Ten minutes later I have a reference number.

Three days later, they finally fix it.

Fast forward three weeks (getting the pattern yet?). I hear the unmistakable chirp of a smoke detector. Figuring it must be the one next to my apartment, I again call it in. Three days later, it stops.

Three more weeks go by. I'm woken at 2 am by the damn chirping.

This has happened every three weeks since I moved into my place. I have called the maintenance number, reported it to the guy who leased the apartment and used their website. Yesterday it started up again. I logged onto the website and told them to fix the thing NOW. Then I called the leasing office at 9:30 am. Left a message. Again at 2 pm. Left a message. I never heard anything from them.

I'm sorry but having to report this no less than 7 times now, I think I warrant some kind of explanation. And when someone calls into your corporate office who pays their rent on time and doesn't cause problems in the complex they deserve a same day call back. I swear if I don't hear something in the next 12 hours, I will report them to every entity I can think of and I'll show up there and flip my goddamn shit so bad they'll wish they had a video camera so they could youtube that shit.

No comments: