Thursday, December 9, 2010

Weekend Only Running Until January

I have decided to focus on biking and the elliptical for my cardio and factor in 30 minute weight sessions a few times a week through the end of the year. Why?

  1. I need to tone the fuck up. Even though I've lost weight (and gained some back) I still look fat in pictures because I'm SOFT. I don't want to be soft. I don't want to be hard but I don't want to feel like the pillsbury dough boy either(there's a dirty joke in here somewhere).
  2. Apparently, you burn more fat when you life weights.
  3. I need a break before I start training for the Ragnar Relay.
I was hoping for a much longer list but whatever. There it is. I think just doing 30-45 minutes a day is what I can fit in with the holidays. Also, it's fucking WINDY here in the am. Cold, I can deal with. Wind and cold? Not so much. So weekends will have a few runs on the weekends of 3-4 miles and leave it at that. What are your holiday workout plans? I think holidays are the worst for workouts between all the dinners and time you're squeezing in with friends and family. If only those were considered workouts.

3 comments:

Kovas said...

I try not to let the holidays affect my training, to whatever extent I can. Since I work out early, meals + family stuff aren't usually an issue.

Fruit Fly said...

I'm pretty sure family dinners Do count as some form of something. I mean are they ever relaxing?? No - they are noisy, you are never sitting still, you must burn 1000s of calories just by gossiping about the people that aren't in the room, right? Please tell me that isn't just my family!! ;)

Adam said...

Hey, moving is moving. Keep it up! (and show more special K girls)