Monday, January 10, 2011

It's My Birthday! And You Win!

Today is my 27th birthday. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't look how I'd like so it's a daily struggle to remind myself I do weigh 10 lbs less than I did on my 26th birthday so I have that going for me. And I'm not doing anything with my life that I thought I would be doing at 27 but I have to remind myself that it'll work itself out on a time table that may not be of my own making.

This morning I woke up and am snowed in. I'm also sick so the likelihood of me running or enjoying the snow is pretty slim. I very rarely hate living alone except when I'm stuck in my apartment and can't leave. Then I wish I had a roommate to play scrabble or yahtzee with. I know this doesn't look like much but you can't see the 6 inches from my porch (zing! That's what she said!) or the ice covering the streets of Atlanta. The whole city has pretty much shut down. Cause I make it snow on my birthday.

In honor of my birthday and the fact that everyone goes out and buys milk, eggs and water (because if the power goes out the first two will be very helpful) I decided to make myself breakfast this morning: French toast. It was my first time and it turned out really well! It's good to know I can cook some things (last week was teriyaki chicken yum!).

But you aren't here for all that shit. You're here to find out who won the iTunes giftcard. Which I used a very scientific method to determine. If you followed directions, you got a certain number of entries for each thing you did and told me about in the comment section. Then I wrote out your entries on sticky notes and folded them. Here are the entries:

And here is the winner:




Ms. Boyd come on down! Shoot me an email with your address at fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com and I will send this right out! Thanks to everyone who participated and stay tuned for another give away in February!

Also, an update- week one had less running than I hoped but still had exercise and better eating than normal. Last Monday I weighed in at 166.6 and today I weigh in at 163.4 which is a 3.2 lb loss!

4 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

Happy Birthday!!

I think your French toast looks absolutely DELICIOUS!! If you cooked that all the time, I'd totally go get snowed in with you and play games!

jess said...

Happy Birthday Lady!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Happy birthday Erin!!!

Kristin Ballard said...

MMMM i want some of that french toast! Happy Birthday!