Monday, January 10, 2011

27 Things About Me You May Not Already Know

In honor of turning the ripe old age of 27, Monday Musings will be about me. And 27 things you may or may not know about me after reading this blog. This is going to be tough, I just know it.

  1. Whenever it is my birthday and people wish me happy birthday on facebook, I always make sure to thank them individually. So I end up feeling like my fingers will fall off because so many people want to wish you happy birthday on facebook. The worst is thanking someone you don't even really talk to. All you end up typing is Thanks but I like to think you took the time to say Happy Birthday so I ought to take the time to thank you for doing so.
  2. I have lived in two states- New Jersey and Georgia. I consider myself the best of both worlds but honestly, I fit in more up north. You southern people just cannot handle my sarcasm or intolerance for stupidity.
  3. I have been in 9 weddings. Only one of those have I been the Maid of Honor. And I still have at least one more that I will be in: Barbie in 2012. I am rallying for Groomsman since she got me a babysitter (aka Matron of Honor) but she's too "traditional" for that shit.
  4. My apartment looks like Tailgater's Alley threw up UGA gear in it. My mom and I have a competition to see who can collect the most UGA shit but I'm clearly the winner and always will be. The front room will be my UGA room once I get a few more frames and get shit organized. What do I have? Here goes: the Florida-Georgia Rivalry Football Vault, the Georgia Football Vault, handpainted wine glass, handpainted pilsner glass, handpainted shot glass, handpainted martini glass, a rubiks cube, UGA hot sauce, UGA pasta salad, two UGA chips and dip trays, dozens of UGA ornaments, a UGA fan, Saturday Shrines (Sanford stadium is on the cover), UGA trivia book, the 1920 Varisty football team photo, UGA football wine glass accessories, 20 UGA shirts made into a UGA blanket, two UGA snuggies, a UGA football helmet painting (I painted it), two pairs of UGA sweat pants, UGA gloves, two UGA sweatshirts, 6 UGA t shirts I actually wear, a Knowshon Moreno jersey, two UGA pile ons, a UGA frog, an Athens dishtowel and a mini Hairy dog. That's just off the top of my head. I know there is more but the list is getting long.
  5. I am an expert stalker. Via the internet. I figured out where Tony Gonzalez lives based on a photo he posted on twitter. I discovered the basic information of my gym crush using the internet (he does not have a facebook and has a very common name) and can now tell you the name of his wife and child, where he works, what he does and where he lives. Also, what kind of cars he drives. I am very observant. Combine that with the internet and you're fucked.
  6. My favorite movie is Rudy. I wanted to be Rudy as a kid. I have a Notre Dame sweatshirt and up until I left for college they were my favorite team. I even went to the Notre Dame- USC game the year after I graduated college. It was at USC so my next goal is to go to a game at Notre Dame.
  7. I have not had more than the 7 basic channels on my tv since my sophomore year of college. I have an extensive movie collection and pay to have Netflix. Hulu is my best friend when it comes to watching the shows I like.
  8. My freezer currently contains patron, soco, jack daniels, vodka frozen peppers and onions and hash browns. Yes, I need someone to come cook for me. And yes, I may be an alcoholic.
  9. I have two degrees. One in Literature and the other in Journalism. I am not using either degree for anything. And it shows in my blog postings. I settled on those degrees after realizing that I would not have to take any math courses in college to get these degrees due to the fact that I took college statistics in high school. Therefore, if you ask me to add, subtract, multiple or divide anything off the top of my head I will not be able to do it.
  10. I subscribe to Interview magazine, Maxim, Fitness, Self, People, Shape, Entreprenuer and ESPN the magazine. I might even get more than that. And I love Playboy magazine for the articles. And that's not a lie.
  11. The only glasses I have in my apartment are glasses I have stolen or won from bars. I have glasses for Laughing Skull Pilsner, Sweetwater Brewery, Flying Dog, MGD 64, Brooklyn Brewery and Shiner Bock to name a few. I also have a few other drinking related glasses from sorority events and how to make this drink glasses. 
  12. I am slightly obsessed with taking pictures. My mac is not working at optimal speeds because it is run down with pictures. I'm having to delete any I've already printed (I have a scanner so I can scan them back in if I need to).
  13. I am extremely lazy. I might get hungry and want to pick something up but if it requires more than one stop light or crossing over a high way or making a left turn to get in or out, I will probably not be picking it up. And I don't do delivery because it is more expensive since you have to tip the driver. Cheap and lazy.
  14. I have WAYYYY too many friends. So many that sometimes I don't see them for months at a time because I am too busy. Someone is always getting married or having a birthday and I feel like I have to be at every one of these events.
  15. Speaking of birthdays (and Christmas), I hate these things. Because I get super stressed about the gifts. I hate the idea of you buying me something cooler/more expensive/ more thoughtful than I did. On the flip side, I hate it more if I bought you gifts from the Loft and you bought me a iTunes giftcard and wine glasses. I would have gone cheaper had I known we were gonna be like that.
  16. When I'm hung over I want two things: diet coke and chinese. Also sometimes chocolate milk and hashbrowns covered with a ham and cheese omelet.
  17. I cannot cook. Okay, I can somewhat. I can make pasta, cook chicken in a skillet, make slice and bake cookies, make chicken teriyaki, omelets, and, as of this morning, french toast.
  18. My mom took a scant 15 minutes to deliver me. I was two weeks late and almost born in the elevator. I was clearly impatient and ready to get wherever the fuck I was going. These traits have stuck with me- I am perpetually late and I'm always in a rush and impatient to get where I'm going. Sorry to Atlanta drivers who have encountered my wrath on the road. But seriously, stay to the right if you're slow.
  19. I can't dance. I have no rhythm. But my favorite thing to do is have naked dance parties at my apartment. Of course, the mirrors are in the bathroom so I can't see it and the lights are off so the neighbors can't see my uncoordinated shadow.
  20. Despite growing up at the beach, I cannot surf. I can lie out with the best of them though. And I can snowboard. My home town was great because I lived 5 blocks from the beach, an hour train ride into the city and a 3 hour drive to the nearest slopes for snowboarding. Now I live 6 hours from the beach, 6 hours from snowboarding and in a city that's a pain in the ass to get around. Damnit.
  21. I hate hate hate cleaning. But I am the messiest person ever. Which means that even though I am social, I rarely have people over. I'd hate for them to see this shit.
  22. My mom brags to people about me. Some of the funniest shit is when we go out together and a guy will approach us about having a drink with him and they'll try to show off how much they drink. My mom warns them (with a note of pride in her voice) that I can and will match them drink for drink and drink them under the table. They never listen. They regret it later when they are puking in a toilet while I take shots with the bartender.
  23. I have not thrown up from drinking since I was 22. I also haven't had a serious hang over since I was 24. I drink more now in one weekend than I drank then in an entire week. I will die of liver/kidney failure. Or stumble into oncoming traffic one day.
  24. My favorite food is wings. I can put down 20 wings without blinking. The hotter the better. The best wings are from Amici's in Athens- honey XXX. The heat hits you after the fact and it is a scorcher. 
  25. I would love a job that let me work from anywhere. I would travel a lot if that were the case. I want to see new cities and hang out with my friends from other states more often than I do currently.
  26. I love concerts. I went to my first concert (Music Midtown) as an 11 year old with my mom. Coincidentally, I also got high for the first time that same day. Second hand of course, my mom is not an idiot. I try to go to at least  3 a year. The best one was with my friend Dave- we went and saw Bruce Springsteen. It was like a religious experience. The crowd was electric. I couldn't even name all the concerts I have been to since I was 11. I usually buy my brother and sister tickets to a show for Christmas and/or their birthdays each year. I've also taken my mom to a concert for her birthday in the past as well.
  27. My mom is awesome but she's probably wanted to murder me numerous times. For instance the time I went into school and drew a picture of my weekend. Which included going to dinner with my parents and brother. My parents split a pitcher of margaritas. I drew them drinking pitchers and pitchers of beer and told my teacher we were there for HOURS. Imagine stick figures sitting at a table with pitchers floating in the air above them. Cause that is what I drew. I ended up having to go to lunch time therapy sessions where I drew my feelings. Defax came to our house and did an investigation followed by two years of spot checks before anyone even realized I was 8 and had exaggerated the whole thing. I was a story teller even then. 

3 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

27!?!!? OLD! Oh wait....I'm 29. Bleh

I'm the same way with #1...and 23 for that matter

JAM said...

LOL very funny and insightful. I follow you on twitter.

Unknown said...

I am for shaming this. why. because i think it is a shame you like kyle more than me.