Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I've learned about food this week...

  • There are not enough hours to cook meals every day. I don't know who people do it.
  • Flirting with the guy at the counter will get you a free donut at the bagel shop.
  • The frozen bag of bell peppers and onions is THE SHIT. No more fresh veggies for me unless I have to bitches!
  • I can go to a pizza place and be semi healthy. So long as they serve it by the slice. Last night, my boss and I worked until 8:15 (putting in an 11.5 hour day) so she sprang for dinner afterward. She took me to a nearby pizza joint and I found the most delicious pizza ever. Feta, artichoke hearts, olives, sundried tomato and spinach. WHOOOO. With a side salad. I felt so empowered making a decision like that. One slice and a side salad. Having your cake and eating it too!
  • Tonight I cooked dinner (without burning the house down). Please see below for the building blocks of my Teriyaki chicken and rice with bell peppers and onions:
So I haven't run every day and I haven't eaten like I hoped but I have done better than expected. The weekend will be the real test for me. Yesterday was the only day I did absolutely nothing. This week, I've lifted weights twice, rode and bike, run and done the elliptical plus some pilates. Hopefully tomorrow I get another run in.

What have you learned this week? How are your resolutions going?

Don't forget to enter to win an iTunes giftcard! Remember to comment on what you've done (just becoming a follower doesn't get the entry- you've got to tell me about it!).

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

That pizza sounds delicious! I wish we could just eat pizza every single day and have it be okay.