Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Career Booster

So I was trolling my favorite love site, WTF is Up with My Love Life, when I saw the gaggle list to the side. You know, I've reviewed my gaggle with you guys before but that was so 2010. So today, I reread the list they had on the sidebar and realized I've added to my gaggle in the form of the Career Booster.

I started a new job in October and it has been HELL. An awesome hell as I'm doing things I never thought I'd be able to do but hell nonetheless. Enter Vendor Boy (who is slightly offended I call him that). Vendor boy works for an insurance company we do business with and he is my go-to guy when I don't know what the fuck I am talking about. Which is frequently. He lives half way across the country but he helps me out tremendously. So much so that when I sent out Thanksgiving cards from our company I included an extra special thank you to him for his help. Basically, at the current time I would not have a job if it weren't for him.

Why do I say this?

Well the business we do with them is pretty complicated. Especially for someone like me who majored in journalism and is now working in finance. I know this might come as a shock to you but I do not fully understand anything I currently do. Enter vendor boy with his unending patience for my ridiculous questions and his sense of humor to help me get through every crisis I seem to encounter (and there are multiples of those of my making). Plus he sends me goodies. It's so nice getting presents from a guy (as pathetic as it sounds since it's my vendor).

But my favorite part about Vendor Boy? The way he answers the phone when my number pops up. Like he is genuinely happy to hear from me. And he always does his best to cheer me up and tell me I am good at my job (when probably we both know I'm not).

Stay tuned for an update on Lucky Charms, another delicious member of the Gaggle!

No comments: