Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why Cougar Town is Ruining My Chances at Love...

I love, love, love Cougar Town. Which I think I made pretty clear when I featured them in the Sex Song of the Week (sidenote: We need to bring that back). The problem is I think the show might be ruining my chance at love.

Why?

I want a Grayson, damnit. 

Not just because he's fine. There is more to him than his exceptional looks. He is endlessly patient. And funny. A little quirky. Hard shell, soft inside. Can laugh at himself. But has a sensitive side, too. For instance, this episode of Cougar Town is what started this mini rant.

Jules is a fucking neurotic, crazy bitch. Who the hell could get away with throwing out the love word and still have a boyfriend? One who lets you babble on about fucking doves mating for life. And then you name them Grayson Dove and Jules Dove. And it's fucking cute that Jules did that.

If any of us ran over a squirrel, wrapped it in our boyfriends brand new cashmere sweater, took it to a vet and insisted he treat it and when that didn't work, capture another one in a cage to free just to make your boyfriend feel bad about not caring as much as you do we'd be dumped quicker than we could even get to the second item on that list. 

So then...on top of all this, fucking Grayson actually DOES feel bad after she suddenly decides this is all God's way of telling her that she and Grayson are too different. So bad, that Grayson finds a way to appease Jules AND tell her he loves her for all the cul-de-sac to hear.

WELL DAMNIT. I want that. I'm nuerotic. Not as cute but neurotic. And semi batshit crazy. I want someone with patience who can make me feel better but still be super sexy and laugh at himself and tell me I'm an idiot.

But, can we be honest? That shit doesn't exist. I have yet to meet a Grayson and I'm blaming Cougar Town and other rom coms for making me think that my love life can be wrapped up and topped with a bow in less than two hours time.
I also want to look like this naked but let's be honest, that shit ain't happening.

No comments: