Thursday, January 13, 2011

4 inches

Dr. Oz is on Oprah RIGHT NOW (is this an old episode? I have no idea). Anyway, something he said caught my ear and now I have another goal for 2011. According to Dr. Oz, your waist size should be 1/2 your height. So at the maximum, at 5'6" my waist should measure 33 inches. THEREFORE, I HAVE TO LOSE 4 inches. I can still worry about weight but now my goal is those inches. Boom.

Have you measured your waist size? Are you in proportion?

By the way, according to Dr. Oz, a smaller waistline lowers your blood pressure (due to the decreased pressure on your kidneys) and, for the men out there, increases penis length (I guess also for the women to benefit!).

7 comments:

...Barbie... said...

this has outsmarted me... what is half my height?! I am 5'10" .... dr. oz ... make me smart.

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Interesting. So is that your natural waist - at the smallest point, or bellybutton waist? I never know.

Courtney said...

Hmmm interesting. I'll have to measure my waist and see.

Kristin Ballard said...

interesting find, E!!! i will have to measure!

Adam said...

Ha - wow. Interesting little fact there.

Fruit Fly said...

I'll have to measure myself. Since we are the same height I don't have to do the math.... thanks!

Jude said...

I just put my husband on a diet! No kidding!
judy
ranrunrunning.com