Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2 of Snowed In

 I don't know if I have mentioned it but I cannot cook. Mainly because I don't particularly enjoy it. And I get easily distracted by a lot of other things like TV, a magazine, cleaning something up. But the past two days I have been stuck in my apartment. Aside from trudging through 6 inches of snow to Publix and an hour of sledding with my friend Erin and her boyfriend and his friend, I've been cooped up. Yesterday I didn't work out at all. Today I did some weights workouts and two exercise dvds. I also cooked up a storm. Seriously, I cooked. It tasted delicious. ANDDDDDD, I actually ENJOYED IT!

My birthday breakfast- my first attempt at French Toast!
It's my birthday and I'll have breakfast for dinner if I want to! Chicken omelet, toast and southwestern hash browns.

Today's project- baking double fudge brownies.


My Dinner Tonight- Chicken Nachos and a margarita

Now, granted, none of this stuff is probably incredibly difficult but for someone who heats shit up in the microwave, I was pretty damn impressed by my culinary attempts. I had to use vegetable oil and combine ingredients and pay attention to what I was doing. And these things more than made up for the burning of grilled cheese and my first attempt at using milk for tomato soup!

Anyone have any easy recipes for me to try? I'd love to make them, take some pics and share them with the rest of my readers! Because you know if I can make it and I enjoy it, then it must be easy!

3 comments:

Her Name Is Rio said...

Breakfast for dinner is always a treat in my house! happy Bday!

Tanya said...

Chili is always easy. I cheat and use the seasoning packet from the store. From there you basically throw it all together in a pot, and let it cook on low for however long you want to let it cook. And I am right there with you about being cooped up. I was so happy to see the sun today. Maybe we can leave our apartments soon. :)

Fruit Fly said...

Okay, you must be a blast to hang out with!! I can tell that just by the food you are making!