Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Super Snack

It is my lunch break and as I munch on Pirate's Booty and my turkey sandwich, I read whatever pops up on yahoo.com.

Apparently, today, they know how hungry I am because they have an article proclaiming Bananas bust hunger.

Ever grab a snack but then feel hungry again 20 minutes later? Next time, reach for a banana. It’s loaded with Resistant Starch (RS), a healthy carb that fills you up and helps to boost your metabolism. Slightly underripe medium-sized bananas have 12.5 grams of RS—more than most other foods. Ripe bananas give you 4.7 grams of RS, still enough to keep hunger pangs away. Check out these tasty ways to work in this wonder food.

Let me tell you, I had a banana for breakfast this morning with my vitamins and cranberry juice and it filled me up for an hour or so (I know I should have eaten more but I was in a rush and running late). I do love bananas though and if you're looking for a way to change up your banana ingestion, check out the story for a few recipes.

Also, a few days late but I have the KT Tape winner- Fruitfly shoot me an email at fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com with your address and I will get that out for you. I'm trying to think up the next giveaway (ideally I would like to do a minimum of 1 a month). Suggestions are welcome :)

Why am I not blogging lately? Because I feel fatter than a cow and I cannot reign in my eating. Just thinking about the blog is depressing me. But I am getting a workout in every day so I have that going for me.

2 comments:

runluaurun.com said...

Bananas aren't just great for snacks, they are great for distance running, especially if you eat them regularly.

As for the next giveaway...hmmm...how about a night on the town with Berryfine? Just a thought.

Berryfine said...

Hahaha would you be coming to Atlanta to win that prize Luau?