Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 1 of Lent

OHMYFUCKINGGODIWANTAFUCKINGDIETCOKESODAMNBAD.



Last night a guy and I were talking about Lent and I mentioned giving up sodas and he asked why I would do that. The fact is, I go through phases with my soda. Much like everything else in my life, I will go MONTHS without having a sode (subsequently I'll also happen to be 15 lbs lighter) and then a night of debauchery that leads to bad decision making leads to post drinking diet coke. AHHHHHH morning diet cokes are the best.

Literally, like Pavlov's dog hearing the bell ring, I can hear a soda can open and immediately the craving begins. Ohhh the carbonation. MMMMMMMMM the taste.

So you can imagine how much I wanted to murder our intern yesterday when she opened a fucking Bart's Root Beer. The rest of the day I did nothing but snap at her because it was her fault for not giving up soda. Rude.

The worst part of the whole thing is staring into my work fridge and seeing all the soda. Caffeine free Diet Coke, regular Diet Coke, Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper. Grape soda for crying out loud.

In other news, yesterday I did 20 minutes of cardio (including a gluteal workout on the elliptical) and a 30 minute weight workout complete with squats, chest presses, lunges, bicep curls, crunches, planks, tricep dips and calf raises. I am fucking feeling it today.

How was your Wednesday? Did you give up anything for Lent?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I tend to binge and eat a lot of ice cream. So I gave up that.

Berryfine said...

Michelle keep me posted on how it goes!

MsBoyd said...

I'm checking out fitness plans b/c I need an MOH body for June, and while I was on the Shape website, I was looking at this article on food swaps, and I saw they were recommending this soda called Code Blue. I thought of you and your suffering. I don't know if it's good, but it might help...

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meals-and-menus/lunch/healthy-lunch-ideas-a-nutritionists-top-food-swaps

Fruit Fly said...

I do the same thing. I try to cut out Diet Pepsi, then I hear someone open one and I just start to get the shakes. I try to ween off of it, but I have been sucking hard core lately. Ugh.