Friday, March 4, 2011

30 Day photo challenge- day 2

Apparently, I'm supposed to put a picture of the person I've been closest to longest. Considering our parents divorced and we spent a fair amount of time apartment hopping, my bro and I are pretty close out of necessity. Which is ironic because he's basically a version of my father who I am not very close to. I have issues. Anyway, Peter was so bummed when my rents marriage busted up that he refused to speak to anyone but me. And when he did speak, he spoke in a made up language no one could decipher. We made up new games using old board game pieces when we didn't have toys. We wore our ugly ass kmart outfits and shared a water bed when it was time to go to Dad's. We beat the ever living shit out of each other. I had scars up and down my arms from him pinching me with his nails as a kid. Now, I drive him crazy by showing up at work to try on the BOING shoes (Nike shoes. I bounce around the store yelling BO-OING). I call him just to chat when I'm lonely. I counsel him. I support him. Now I don't know what the hell he does for me (puts up with me?) but he's not bad for a bro.

This picture is from his 21st birthday. I was living in Jersey and he flew up to see me. Because he knew if anyone could give him a great birthday, it would be his party-loving older sister.

No comments: