Friday, March 25, 2011

Down Since Monday

After the incident this weekend, Sunday was a rough one for me. I did go for a walk but not much else. Ate at the Vortex in midtown with my bro and his girlfriend where we had pretzels dipped in cheese dip, a buffalo chicken wrap and french fries. Other than that, I was lazy as can be.

Which led to me starting my week at 174.8 lbs.

I am happy to report, because of a lot of you guys, I did get my butt in gear on Monday. This week, I have gone to the gym 5 times, played kickball and softball and eaten pretty well for me. I have another gym time session planned for today at lunch. I am hopeful that Saturday morning I can drag my ass out of bed early enough to beat the rain for a run. Sunday I plan on doing some kind of workout dvd (I have several) and keeping it pretty low key.

I just had to turn in a story for Blush Magazine* in Chattanooga about losing weight for the wedding and I came across a few things I needed to be reminded of so I thought I would share them below:


  • Write out concrete goals. For example, I want to lose 15 lbs by May 7th. This gives you a measurable goal so you can track your progress.
  • Join a Weightloss Community. Or running community. Or whatever it is you need to keep you on track. Thanks to you guys I have this in the bag.
  • Mix up your workouts. It fights boredom and challenges your body.
  • Buddy Up. I do not do this at all. I might be a bit to competitive for that. Or lazy. Either way.
  • Eat healthy in the long term. I'm working on this!
I did indulge in some moose tracks last night. I put it in a coffee mug to keep my portion in check (for me anyway). I'm sure it was more than a serving size but at least it wasn't the entire 1.5 quarts. Baby steps people.


As of this morning, I weigh 170.8. I am down 4 lbs in this week alone. I didn't starve myself. I just stopped eating like crap and made use of my lunch breaks for gym time. Hopefully I continue the trend.

As for Saturday's incident, I didn't really address it in this post but I will do so in a future post. Thanks to everyone on facebook, dailymile, twitter, this blog, other blogs and everywhere else who were so supportive!

*Click the link to see this month's stories: pg 14 on sensual workouts and pg 25 for 5 great fitness blogs you should be following! Oh! And my tips (from a non expert of course) for training for a marathon can be found on pg 30! Not that I've run one...just read about them!

2 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

All of those things you should do ... I think I do zero! :( I should really put out more effort and maybe make a legit goal. Couldn't hurt!

I love What About Bob!

-4 pounds = awesome!

Kim said...

Fantastic!!! Congrats on the weight loss! Have you ever considered weight watchers? I do it online because I just had to try something different, and after seeing my friend lose 25 lbs on it, I was inspired. Anyway, it's soooooo easy (compared to the old version of the points program they had) and I'm losing!