Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Gaggle Moves in a New Direction

Well, this came out of left field.

I don't think I've made it clear but I have a penchant for getting completely hammered and fucking my friends. Which is great for them I'm sure. It really explains why the guys are always wanting to hang out with me since I can't imagine my drinking them under a table on a regular basis holds much appeal without the result of the open legs. Who really wins that competition? I'd like to say its me but I have a feeling somehow I just lost.

Any.Way.

One such friend fuck was my pal Lucky Charms. Who I haven't even explained yet and I feel bad about but the Gaggle wants what the gaggle wants. I'll have to retrace the path to Lucky Charms at a later date (though I imagine you can picture what happened right about the second paragraph above).

So, Lucky Charms lives in Baltimore and I haven't seen him since the last time. Which he brings up quite a bit with little provocation from me. Clearly, I made an impression.

He came into town last week on Wednesday and had to fly back Saturday. Kind of shitty with the work schedule but better than nothing. Wednesday night, after a killer softball game (where the hottie on my team finally realized as the season drew to an end how fucking funny I am) I met up with Lucky Charms, his brother and his brother's girlfriend for drinks. We had a good time catching up and then I went home to my lonely apartment and he went back to his brothers.

And then the texting began.

How much he's missed spending time with me. How uncomfortable the couch he is currently sleeping on is. Will I go to dinner with him tomorrow? Blah blah blah.

Thursday rolls around a bridal crisis pops up so I miss dinner with him but he ends up calling me afterwards just to "talk."

Friday I get a text that reads "You're coming to dinner with me. No excuses."

So we go to dinner and drinks and meet up with all our old college buddies. He's flirty and always touching me in some way when we're near each other. We hug a lot in all manner of ways (the side arm, the front to front, the from behind). In general, we behave the way a couple who has been together for a while behaves. Really just absentminded touching that I didn't even think about until reflecting back on the weekend.

He ended up getting his stuff from his brothers and staying at my place. We kissed for a while and I seriously considered having sex with him (again) but I was sober and for some reason it seemed really important not to fuck this up so I stopped him. I joked he was too hot to sleep in my bed which led to him sleeping on the couch (doh!) which led to me getting up when the alarm went off and crawling onto the couch with him for thirty minutes of quality cuddling.

And then, I had to drop him off at the airport.

And there was really nothing to say. It was a really great three days and now he's off to Baltimore and back to his life. But I realized he's changed a lot- in great ways- and suddenly he's back on the radar. He's a member of the gaggle. He has potential.

His last words as he started into the terminal?

"Get a damn ticket to Baltimore."

1 comment:

Hot Mess said...

AAAHHH! I love it! Get'em girrrrrl!!! Baltimore isn't that far away either. I definitely want to know the backstory to why he's "lucky charms" that HAS to be a great story. Oh the gaggle...