Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Holidays are Upon Us!

AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Just thinking of the holidays makes me think that I will gain 20 lbs and never fit in the bridesmaid dress I have to wear on New Years Day. I haven't lost a lot of weight over the course of this thing but I feel like I have made great strides with my overall health. I have been more conscious of the food I put in my body and have been working out on a more regular basis. It used to be I would do great for a week or two and then have a crappy run. Now, even if I have one rough day, I'm back in the saddle the next day.

So the holidays are making me SUPER NERVOUS. I have no idea how to ensure that I don't gain all the weight I have lost. How do you turn down food at the holidays? And how do I motivate myself to work out?

Also, I am baking a pie but could use some healthier alternatives to the usual suspects at the holidays. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

...Barbie... said...

I was hoping you would have some great suggestions for me on how to not eat too many pieces of pie or gorge myself on mashed potatoes. When you find out, let me know ... if I learn the secret I will your know too!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tanya said...

My best advice for the holiday's is to always eat a healthy breakfast. The next part of my advice. Only put about a spoonful or a bite sized amount of what you really want on your plate. I am usually quite satisfied because I let myself eat whatever I want. This time of year your best bet is portion control.

Also, steer clear of anything that does not go on a plate. Hors d'oeuvres are your worst enemy. RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps. Check out self.com for healthy recipes.