Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chocolate Milk Review

I don't know if I have made it evident but I LOVE CHOCOLATE MILK. Annnnd it happens to be a great way to rebuild muscles after a tough workout. I have touted Horizons Chocolate Milk but today I branched out and bought Odwalla Super Protein Chocolate Milk. I HATED it. It smells funny and tastes funkier. I will not be purchasing it again. I took two sips and I am done. Going into the trash. Buuutttt...let's take a look at the nutritional content of each so I can be fair and balanced.





Odwalla Super Protein Chocolate Milk

Calories 170

Total Fat 3.5g
Sodium 240mg
Carbohydrates 24g
Sugars 20g
Protein 10g



Horizon Organic 1 % Chocolate Milk
Calories 170
Total Fat 3g
Sodium 140mg
Carbohydrates 27g

Protein 8g

In summary, they are about even except Odwalla is made with Soymilk. The front claims 18g of protein per bottle which is two servings. It really just is not worth the bad taste when Horizon's has about the same things going for it.



No comments: