Thursday, November 12, 2009

Taco Bell Surprises Me!


Okay, so as I have said previously, my new coworker eats junk food every damn day for lunch. I'm low on funds and even lower on food so junk food has a new appeal with dollar menus popping up everywhere. Admittedly, I cannot STAND Taco Bell but I had no time to grab lunch and a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket so when new girl said she was picking up lunch, I threw my money in her direction.

But, of course, I checked their website first. 1. THANK YOU TACO BELL. They provide nutritional information including a section to tally up what you have eaten in your meal. Including condiments. 2. MY FOOD WAS ACTUALLY GOOD. Throw cheese and sour cream on something and I will probably like it.

The biggest surprise? My taco selection was actually not bad for me! I have the nutrition information below. For full Taco Bell nutrition, click here.
I opted for the Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco:
  • 170 Calories
  • 4 g fat
  • 1.5 g saturated fat
  • 25 mg Cholesterol
  • 740 mg sodium
  • 22 g of carbohydrates
  • 2 g dietary fiber
  • 12 g of protein
I had 2 (that's DOS in espanol) and added some Fiesta Cheesy Potatoes (admittedly not good for you) and a glass of water for a surprisingly delicious lunch. Made even more so by the fact that it cost less than 5 bucks and I didn't have to make it myself! To me the hardest thing is knowing what to choose when I eat out with friends so I think I am making a good effort at studying the menu and making healthier choices as well as enjoying a few things that aren't so healthy.

So, do you eat out a lot? What types of healthy fast food choices do you make?

No comments: