Thursday, November 19, 2009

AM RUN

I am going to trivia tonight in ATL so I was proactive and woke my ass up at 6:30 am for a RUN. It is awesome setting my own hours because I don't have to get up at 5 am to run. Checked the weather- it was 47 degrees. YIKES. That almost had me popping in a DVD instead of going for the run. But I just found a pair of working headphones in my apartment and I was going to be damned if I didn't use them! Plus I have that 5K in a week and a half. I would like to be prepared for it! Look to the right side of the page for the results of my run.

I must say, I need winter gear for running. I didn't think about that when I made my Christmas list so its on me to get it. I need some gloves. But then I thought half way through my run, my hands were sweating. Does anyone know if there are gloves specifically for runners? I had never thought about it. Also, I need something to cover my ears. I know you are thinking a hat may be a wise choice but I don't want it to itch like so many hats do. PLUS, my head gets all sweaty and uncomfortable.

Since the winter months make it so hard for me to get into gear (and so do summer months actually) I'm turning to you for advice. Any motivational tips? Any winter workouts that you turn to when its too chilly to hit the pavement?

No comments: