Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Are Your Co-workers Making You FAT?

Okay, so I generally work in my office by myself or at home (which is a separate minefield) but this week we are training a new girl. Suffice to say, she is entertaining me but she is also making me hunger for things I am trying to avoid. In the past two days her lunches have consisted of Wendy's and Taco Bell. Today she brought in mint chocolate M&Ms. I am dying. I want to go hit her over the head and steal the M&Ms from her and then hide in a corner and devour me. It is driving me crazy listening to her hand reach into the bag. And the more nervous she gets, the more often she pops the damn bag out. This morning, the girl training her, brought in Burger King for breakfast. The smell alone, I would swear, has made me gain 10 lbs. Just the thought of a croissanwhich and cheesy tots made my mouth water and my brain send out a BK signal screaming I must be hungry (despite having just finished off some oatmeal).

At my old job, we would make promos with candy, cookies and brownies. I would manage to avoid eating them unless I was the only one in the office. Sorry to our clients who didn't get promos due to me inhaling the food. And there was always something to celebrate with cupcakes- good days, bad days, new clients, direct hires, birthdays, boss's days...etc. You catch my drift. I was never a cupcake person but now...I crave them constantly. Thanks guys!

I googled this premise and actually found another blog discussing the same question: click here to read. Actually, its about your friends but I think we have already established that I feel and eat fatter around my friends so we can ignore that topic. Also, I tried reading this but this guy is obviously WAY smarter than me and lost me with the word: economics. Here is another great site discussing your JOB making you fat. So basically, if I had a different job with different people in my life I could be skinny. Food for thought...

2 comments:

AshleyRae said...

When working at good ol'e Coventry West it is quite the opposite! Everyone brings in their lunch, well on my side of the office. (the salesmen are men, they eat out every freaking day, and are in a different room so I dont smell what they get to devour). I used to loathe eating my lunch from a box or left overs repeatidly, but I have allowed myself one day a week to splurdge during lunch(usually Zaxbys on Thursdays as you know). I also work side by side with my mother and father. My mom silently judges my eating habits and I have come to accept that, so I finally gave in and have discovered stoafers meals! And ya know what, they aren't that bad for you...I still refuse to eat lean cuisine cause they are bland and I am still too picky...but the Stoafers Corner Bistro meals are delish (i.e. the panini's which are only like 350 cals). So yeah, just passing it along...they smell good too!Oh and right now they are also 10 for 10 at Kroger (I know we are broke, so ta da!) Tell newbie to stop tempting you with the aroma of Wendys,BK & M&Ms...

Berryfine said...

I'm staying away from premade meals as much as possible to keep the sodium low. Those meals have a lot of sodium in order to add taste :( Occasionally I will keep them on hand but for the most part, I'm steering clear. Kind of taking the no processed foods path...