Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Race Time

Blah blah blah, I've been MIA. I know. I warned you. I just have not had much to say. Sorry. But not really. Sometimes it is nice to not have to commit to sitting down to blog and just LIVE. Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, I signed up for two races today. I am going to go out on a limb here and say best 40 bucks I've spent. First up, Piedmont Park 5k Fun Run. It apparently happens the 4th Saturday of every month but I think I will just sign up for the one right after Thanksgiving on November 28th. My friend Amy will be running it will me and it will be the definition of fun since neither of us has been doing much running (hey, I've been big on the bike lately!)

Second, the one I am SUPER excited about, the Jingle Jog on December 12th! Everyone brings a Toy for Toys for Tots and runs with jingle bells on their shoes. Marla Goldsmith would die if she knew I was doing this as I made fun of her my freshman year of high school for having bells on her shoes (they mysertiously disappeared and I wish I had thought to steal them!). Anyway, my friend Kelly and I are running it possibly with a few others. Everyone is very festive. Check out the site and let me know if you want to run either race with us!

That's it for me right now. But do tell me about any road races you might be running- ideally, I am hoping to do one a month!

No comments: