Friday, November 20, 2009

Afternoon Run

I have had such a stressful 20 hours. I don't even want to blog about it- suffice to say, I had a sleepless night and a Murphy's Law kind of morning. So on my drive home from the office, I decided a midafternoon workout was needed. Then as I was trudging up the stairs, I thought to myself how a nice run would be so beneficial to me for both my physical health and my mental health. Especially, my mental health. I squeezed out 30 minutes just because I do have to get back to work but I feel incredible now. My legs are a little sore from running two days in a row after a month of not running but it was so worth it.

Also, I had a response on Twitter to my request for winter gear. Definitely start following @PeachyRuns. Especially if you are a runner, walker, hiker, etc in the Atlanta area. Not only do they have great tweets but they fit me for running shoes before my 1/2 marathon and they have great gear at their locations around Atlanta. Look for Todd Liscomb or Mike Cosentino if you go to the store near the Brookhaven marta station. They have both helped me out when I have made the trek from Lawrenceville into their store and have been awesome. Mike is the go to guy if you have questions about running- especially in Atlanta (he even has a book of routes I am jonesing for!). Todd is the one who sold me on the Big Peach Sizzler which was so much fun. Check out the Big Peach website here.

No comments: