Tuesday, November 3, 2009

AM v PM Workout

So I woke up this morning and decided I would do some Pilates to get my day started. I have not decided if I prefer morning or evening workouts yet. I like the way I feel when I work out in the am but find it impossible to get up EVERY day EXTRA early. Plus when I work out in the am I tend to eat better through the day. On the flip side, there is something to be said for a run after dinner so I don't go to bed as full.

I decided to google this shit and see if I could find out if one benefits you more than the other or if I am just crazy!

Reasons I found online pertaining to why morning workouts are better:
  1. AM exercisers are more likely to stick with a routine
  2. AM exercisers have more energy throughout the day
  3. AM exercisers sleep better at night
  4. AM exercisers eat better throughout the day
  5. AM exercisers burn more body fat throughout the day
  6. AM exercisers have a higher metabolism so they burn more calories

Too bad it is so hard to get up in the morning! Tell me, do you prefer AM workouts or PM workouts?

3 comments:

...Barbie... said...

I was actually having this discussion earlier. I need to start working out/running in the AM since it gets dark earlier and we all know I work till like 8pm everynight. But I just cannot fathom getting up in the AM to do so. But I also hate treadmills... so the question is, when am I supposed to train for Disney? You my friend have raised some good points though. Way to get the mind rolling.

Tanya said...

I always like the way I feel when I exercise in the morning, but I hate getting up early. As to afternoon workouts, I don't do them unless I am meeting with my friend.

Berryfine said...

Day two of Two a Days- morning Pilates and evening cardio sesh. I am liking breaking it up. It does not seem like as much work :)