Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Special K Challenge


Has anyone else ever noticed how happy the bitches on the back of Special K boxes are? Probably because they just lost a whole jeans size in two weeks. I don't know if I believe it but I'm pretty broke and a giant box of cereal and a gallon of milk is infinitely cheaper than all that other shit I typically put in my cart. So here goes nothing.

The premise for those of you who mute your tv during the annoyingly red commercials:
Meal 1: Special K with fruit and 2/3 cup of skim milk
Meal 2: Special K with fruit and 2/3 cup of skim milk OR Special K protein bar or shake
Meal 3: Whatever you would normally eat (and I fail at this portion!)
Snacks: 2 a day- fruit, veggies or Special K treats (snack bars, protein water, cereal bars, crackers or fruit chips)

Bam. Seems easy enough right? If I seem extra bitchy during this ordeal just remember how damn happy I'll be at the end- just like the girl on the Special K box right?

Starting Weight: 164
Starting Jeans Size: 10

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I've always wondered if this really works - but I figured I'd be too bitchy to survive for 2 wks on mostly cereal so I've never tried it!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Kovas said...

Looking forward to reading the results!

runninglawyer said...

Good luck! I'd be worried about living mostly off of grains, but just make sure to balance things out at supper. Looking forward to the final report!

Adam said...

Mmmmmm, special K ladies on the back of the box...... Wait, what was this post about?

...Barbie... said...

so. for your 1 meal per day... does that allow for cheese dip, tacos, margaritas, and guacamole?!

Berryfine said...

Oh my god Barbie- I got let out of work early yesterday for "tornadoes" and almost called you to meet me somewhere for dinner haha.

...Barbie... said...

Hey I am always free when the word Erin, Tacos, and margaritas are involved. ...side note. we must have the wacked out waitress EVERY TIME!

Fruit Fly said...

I've thought of doing this, but I bought Special K once and it was blah.

I'll see how you like it and then decide if I am brave enough for this challenge!